Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 03-31-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Laughter is the Best Medicine

I am the type of person who deals with bad news in a humorous way. I have to cope, so my way of coping is getting as many deep belly laughs as possible.

In that vein, a poker friend of mine who is a blogger said he would do a parody of me.

I kind of set up the situation. It would have to include Ted Forrest and me. Everyone knows how much I like Ted, and how he has inspired my Stud game. I am hoping Ted likes the parody as much as I did, but won't know for sure until he e-mails me.

I sent Bill photos of me which might work in the scenario, but that was the end of my input. I did tell him that nothing was too extreme, as far as I was concerned. Nothing is better medicine for me than a good laugh.

Bill delivered! And now I am proud to present his total parody of me, and my cancer situation:

"Play Poker Like the Chemo's!"

Please enjoy it as much as I did, and feel free to comment, I'm sure it would make Bill's day (not to mention mine).

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
www.felicialee.net
Old 03-31-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Laughter is the Best Medicine

Tell Bill he did a great job! This is really funny. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2005, 01:00 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

nicely done. There are a couple of us who could use that book at my 20 game.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, Bill is a genius [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Speaking of which, I have been meaning to write you for a week...how are you doing? How is your treatment going? Please feel free to PM me or e-mail me anytime. We seem like the only two going through cancer treatment at this time.

Old 04-01-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike Sexton: Vince, because of our WPT cameras we can see that Ted Forrest has the best hand. The only way Felicia can win this is to get him to lay it down and that’s very unlikely with the total nuts.

Vince Van Patten: I can’t believe that Ted is going to bust a chick with cancer. What an [censored]!

[/ QUOTE ]

When you imagine it with their voices, this is really funny.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:12 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, Bill is a genius [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Speaking of which, I have been meaning to write you for a week...how are you doing? How is your treatment going? Please feel free to PM me or e-mail me anytime. We seem like the only two going through cancer treatment at this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I never got the full chemo treatment. When I was in the hospital I did have the immuno supresent drips but my Colitis had gotten to the point it was going to kill me before my system developed cancer. Yes I was certain to develop cancer later but it never got to that station, my decision was made, either el colon goes or I go. The colon lost, though as my wife said,"It was close", she then quickly added, "do you see why?".

THe problem with a disease were your colon is trying to kill you, is that you can't eat. I wasted down to 160 pounds (yes I know some 6'0" males look good at 160 I was rail thin) and I got all the fun of losing most of my hair, I could barely walk and couldn't hold or really even be around any of my children. Yea the whole experience sucked.

Now however I have some real benefits. I don't have to worry about colon cancer, I don't have to eat ColonBlow(tm) brand cereal, and I'm no longer doubled over in pain for days on end unable to function.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The colon lost, though as my wife said,"It was close", she then quickly added, "do you see why?".

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, good one! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I know a family whose members all have this. One of them said that her surgeon offered her the choice of a "new" homemade colon. She was like, "Dude, after all of the problems that I had for 30 years, now you want to make it possible for me to be able to take real dumps again??? No thanks!"

She has one of those inside things (no smell), that she empties.

[ QUOTE ]
Now however I have some real benefits. I don't have to worry about colon cancer, I don't have to eat ColonBlow(tm) brand cereal, and I'm no longer doubled over in pain for days on end unable to function.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds good! I'm so glad this turned out okay for you!