Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 07:14 PM

Default I know I messed up, just dont know where.. please help

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

I dont think I should have raised him on the turn, and since I did.. i think i should have folded to a river bet... what do you guys think? I know this was a bad hand from me.. but I'd like to know all the bad spots.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: I know I messed up, just dont know where.. please help

When you are posting a hand in the converter, Remove the Word Texas and one space and try again.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:20 PM

Do you have a read on the BB? Would he donkbet jacks or something in this situation? Would he bluff a scarecard? Would he only bet with a good hand like top pair?

Since you raised him on the turn, I would just check behind and take a free showdown on the river.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:26 PM

I just call down from the turn. If we raise, anyone without a king would surely fold here, or even the river.

Calling down nets us the most while costing us the least. It looks like Kx got scared of his kicker.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:28 PM

Check the river. We absolutely can not call a check/raise. See a showdown and note what he'll donkbet with, that's one of the best reads on someone you can get. It means they're paying attention to their own cards, nothing else.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check the river. We absolutely can not call a check/raise. See a showdown and note what he'll donkbet with, that's one of the best reads on someone you can get. It means they're paying attention to their own cards, nothing else.

[/ QUOTE ]

With how he played it, this is probably the best way to play the river. But we should have never been at this situation [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2005, 07:42 PM

Which river bet could you have folded to? You mean on the turn? I probably call down UI after his donk bet here.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:18 PM

this sounds kinda dumb but... what does donk bet mean
Old 08-25-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its when you or your opponent shows no aggression on the flop, i.e they check call or just call your bet. Then they lead into the aggressor on the turn.

He check calls the flop, then leads the turn into you who bet the flop. He therefore donk bet it.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

donkbet - to bet like a donk: when a villan bets from out of the blue after showing no previous aggresion meaning one of two things "I hit that card, I'm so lucky, go me" (if from a passive ABC player) or "I think you fear this card and I'm better than you so I will bluff here" (if from an agressive or thinking player). Not neccessarily a sign of weakness just depends on who it comes from and how many levels they think on. I like to mix up my donkbets for deception [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]