Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 12:12 PM

Default AQ missed flop

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

I have been playing the flop this way with all overcards in big fields where I am pretty sure someone flopped a pair
Old 11-11-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Re: AQ missed flop

OK
Old 11-11-2005, 12:17 PM

Nice check. You are not folding four players and you are not likely to win this hand unimproved.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:28 PM

Noam-

I would bet out. It is large pot, you have two strong overcards, it is a moderately coordinated flop (5 cards w/in rank of each other, but rainbow). You need to bet this to buy outs or win a free card on the turn. Yeah, because it was checked thru you'll get a free card anyway - but so does everyone else and now they have a chance to improve for free. You probably won't win this pot here against 5 opps but a bet will improve your chances to win later.

Why do you think someone has a pair? Someone could just have a 4x or a 5x, 98, or other weak draw. I could be missing something, but nothing here tells me someone has a pair.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice check. You are not folding four players and you are not likely to win this hand unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this hand not strong enough to bet given the pot size/size of the field?
Old 11-11-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Noam-

I would bet out. It is large pot, you have two strong overcards, it is a moderately coordinated flop (5 cards w/in rank of each other, but rainbow). You need to bet this to buy outs or win a free card on the turn. Yeah, because it was checked thru you'll get a free card anyway - but so does everyone else and now they have a chance to improve for free. You probably won't win this pot here against 5 opps but a bet will improve your chances to win later.

Why do you think someone has a pair? Someone could just have a 4x or a 5x, 98, or other weak draw. I could be missing something, but nothing here tells me someone has a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting because I am best, or to improve my chances of a free card I can buy, although I don't think either are likely, but I will NEVER clear up outs with a flop bet. Ever.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:04 PM

Bet this. You've likely got 6 outs to the best hand. You'll hit like 24% of the time by the river.

Bet out and if anyone is playing any mid-range drawing cards then make them pay to draw.

Tend to be very aggressive with overcards.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet this. You've likely got 6 outs to the best hand. You'll hit like 24% of the time by the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
well he doesn't have 6 outs, and how is he going to get to the river to have his chance to win?
Old 11-11-2005, 03:10 PM

I don't think a flop bet cleans up your outs ever. I don't think anyone folds on the flop here to a bet ever. Two cold calls one semi-cold call and one call of an UTG raise. So I think checking is fine here. If there were fewer players or you had better position (at least second to last) a bet would be fine, but you are just throwing your money away betting here imo.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:13 PM

Buying a free card when you are UTG is usually a no-money back purchase.