Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Pwned by Freddie Deeb, WPT Bellagio ME

vs. KJs, OP is 80% to win, I'd take that.
vs. T9s, OP is 70% to win, not bad.
vs. TT, OP is 76% to win, I like those odds.
vs. JTs, OP is 67% to win.
So, by checking behind, we still have no idea where OP is in relation to Mr. Deeb. Keep checking.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:58 AM

How bout some results david?
Old 12-14-2005, 03:15 AM

Hand 1 I like your line and I think you fold river unless you have some sort or reason to consider not folding it.

Hand 2 I like to call and evaluate the river. Sure, your hand is vulnerable, but I don't want to chase him off a hand that can pay me off. Plus it's kinda a tricky play, I think most people would expect you to raise a flush. I'm exhausted now and can't think that straight (exams) but I think you'll be better off in the long run calling this turn and proceeding.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Hand Results

[ QUOTE ]
How bout some results david?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand #1:

After doing some analisis, and hearing Freddie talk; I folded.

Hand#2:

I was going to push the turn (I had about 19k), but decided to just call the 5k.

River was Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and Freddie bet 6k into the 16k pot and I couldn't find a fold and called the 6k leaving myself with 8k.

He showed me the nut flush with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 I like your line and I think you fold river unless you have some sort or reason to consider not folding it.

Hand 2 I like to call and evaluate the river. Sure, your hand is vulnerable, but I don't want to chase him off a hand that can pay me off. Plus it's kinda a tricky play, I think most people would expect you to raise a flush. I'm exhausted now and can't think that straight (exams) but I think you'll be better off in the long run calling this turn and proceeding.

[/ QUOTE ]

stud
Old 12-14-2005, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Hand Results

Hand #1 is fascinating. It seems that you took the standard line, but is there any case for raising the turn (say 5K)? The way this hand was played, it looks like you are committed to calling down if a blank comes on the river. Thus, if your plan is to fold when a heart comes (what were you doing if an 8 came?), you are unlikely to win any more chips from a river bluff.

So, maybe you could make a blocking bet now, which would also protect your hand against e.g. TT with a heart. Perhaps a turn raise isn't that believable given the preflop reraise and flop check. Would Deeb risk his tournament on that read?

Hands like this make me wonder about the value of random plays such as checking the top set in position on this flop. Sure, many scare cards could make your life difficult, but if a blank hits, perhaps an aggressive player will lose his whole stack trying to take you off the hand because he "knows" you can't hold QQQ on a draw-heavy board and thus are likely to fold under serious pressure. So, you check the flop and raise the blank turn, and he puts you on some blocking bet and repops you, etc.