Old 08-29-2005, 06:18 AM

Default Re: Making more money from poker then I will ever make from a real job

I'm from the eastern europe.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm from the eastern europe.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm from Eastern Europe too. I'm from Ukraine. Have such problems as you have. But in our country at legal job you can get even less. What country you are from?
Old 08-29-2005, 07:27 AM

Im from Lithuania. One off-topic question, I see alot players from Odessa(ukrain) with nicks like odessa013 odessa1 on pokerstars, what's up with that? Also all these guys seem to play horrible in high stakes games and write perfect english [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2005, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im from Lithuania. One off-topic question, I see alot players from Odessa(ukrain) with nicks like odessa013 odessa1 on pokerstars, what's up with that? Also all these guys seem to play horrible in high stakes games and write perfect english [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont know about that)))As I understand some rich people wanna to gamble. What about taxes on poker at your country?
Old 08-29-2005, 07:41 AM

For info at our country students get something like $50 a month and everage income is something like $200. More aducated
and succesuful people can reach something like $700 a month... if you can compare it with online poker- it will be BBBIIIGGG difference.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:58 AM

Yeah im not sure how accurate my numbers were(except my parents) because I have lived my whole in what could be called upper middleclass or whatever - still long live onliner poker [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2005, 08:00 AM

You dont tell your parents you are rich by playing poker?

You have to do it.

They will not understand and think you can lose it all over a weekend. And you will show them your $50K and say that is money u never ever will use for poker (which isnt true I guess if u have a real bad downswing). When months goes by they will slowly accept that you dont go broke. Thats the way it is for most parents (Im from Sweden).

I told my parents 3 years ago I made money at poker. They told me to stop as soon as I stopped being so lucky [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] and I said that I am prepared to sit down and do the math and show them that I cant lose all this money again, that I really am beating this game. We never did the math - and it wouldnt have mattered - and they still think I am lucky, but after 2 years seeing me never go broke and seeing a lot about poker in the papers and on tv they slowly accepts that I really make money that will never go away and of course they like it in a way because all parents want their children to have a good life.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:30 AM

You are sitting on a gold mine. Why the hell are you wasting your time typing messages on an internet message board? How many hours a day you spend picking up little pieces of gold is up to you.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:17 AM

Agreed.

What is your question exactly? Sounds to me you're doing what only a small percentage of people in your country can do, make a good living. If you've got 50K & a 20K bankroll, make as much money as possible to secure financial security forever.

On the other hand, you haven't told us what game/limit/site you've made this $70K - and if this is more of a fantasy than reality, even if you've made the $50K, it may not be sustainable, and if you haven't - it's not so easy.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:45 AM

It's reality I think if he play high limits.Something like NL2000 at party. Best advice will be to invest that money to increase passive income. That way he will have insuranse if online poker will not be so good as it is now. Something like real estate will be good I think.