Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 08-22-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Partymine expiry

I will confirm that I made a donation and Prod1gy has supplied me with a full version. It did take a couple of PM's to clarify confusion, but he confirmed my donation and provided the software soon after.

I'm not sure if I was supposed to say anything or not, but he never told me not to. I hope this doesn't affect the sale negatively.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I donated to Prodigy early on $25. 2 days before PartyMine v0.91 expired I sent him an email..which he never responded to. For me this is pretty damn annoying you spend money and even early on I chatted w/him via PartyMine Forum about a few PM issues. Here's a hint Prodigy if someone pays for your product have the business acumen to return an email. I know he's busy but that's just smart business.

BTW you still can use a version of PartyMine v0.8 ..this version had no expiry date... If you can get a hold of v0.8 it still works.

People that have donated/paid for this product should not be shut out while he is negotiating the sale of the product to someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Send him a PM with all of the details and I am sure it will get sorted out.

I have a feeling that what happened is that Prod1gy got flooded with donations from people all at the same time and it was difficult for him to track who had paid what and then cross reference payment names with 2+2 names.

I don't want to speak for him but that is what I assumed happened.

BTW, before anyone comes down on me in any way I am not affiliated with this product in anyway other than the fact that I use it.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW you still can use a version of PartyMine v0.8 ..this version had no expiry date... If you can get a hold of v0.8 it still works.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also stumbled on this little nugget, so I've been using 0.8 this whole time...I was just wondering if any improvements had been made since, b/c 0.8 still seems to be a little buggy (esp. wrt the do not use this skin for mining option).
Old 08-22-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(esp. wrt the do not use this skin for mining option).

[/ QUOTE ]
what does this mean?
Old 08-22-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(esp. wrt the do not use this skin for mining option).

[/ QUOTE ]
what does this mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

it means whenever you select the 'do not use this skin for mining' box for one skin, it erroneously applies that to more than just that skin, and so only uses one skin to mine.

at least on my version (And other people report that too).

and to people who want me to send them v. 0.8, I'm sorry, I only have the exe file, none of the installation files, so I can't help.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it means whenever you select the 'do not use this skin for mining' box for one skin, it erroneously applies that to more than just that skin, and so only uses one skin to mine.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes this happens sometimes but you can finagle things to usually enable full datamining ie at least 16-20 tables by using various conbinations of rooms ..this is a known bug thu..
[ QUOTE ]
and to people who want me to send them v. 0.8, I'm sorry, I only have the exe file, none of the installation files, so I can't help.

[/ QUOTE ]

same with me. Ive tried helping others just right now but w/o the installation exe. no go.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:01 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

You know I thought about putting in a bid for the program. I have worked extensivly in java, c, c++ and vb[scipt, apps, and language](ashamed to mention it). However I decided to do a quick little bit of research to figure out how much propriatary knowledge one would be buying, and then asked an attorney friend how likely the mined site would be to stop such a program. He was not optomistic.

Roughly I figured support cost from party making quarterly changes, would oustrip seat licenses with almost no guarantee of continuing business and worse, little market growth. The propriatary portions of the program are non existant, as it was explained to me, so there went that idea.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I donated to Prodigy early on $25. 2 days before PartyMine v0.91 expired I sent him an email..which he never responded to. For me this is pretty damn annoying you spend money and even early on I chatted w/him via PartyMine Forum about a few PM issues. Here's a hint Prodigy if someone pays for your product have the business acumen to return an email. I know he's busy but that's just smart business.

People that have donated/paid for this product should not be shut out while he is negotiating the sale of the product to someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]
Where can I find 0.8 version?
Old 08-25-2005, 11:16 PM

You sent a bunch of emails to the same address all which got caught by the spam protection, so I never got them.

When you finally tried another email and were very rude in the email, I responded nicely and pointed you in the right direction.

I don't think anyone else has had a problem, you seem to be the only one.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:55 AM

Prod1gy has sent me the full non-expiring version after we sorted out some logistical problems that had caused a missed communication. I am confident his intentions are to take care of those who donated to him during his development efforts.

While not perfect, the PartyMine application capably performs an essential service for those needing to collect hand histories on Party and skins.

G'luck all,
LVGamb00ler