Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2002, 08:25 AM

Default AsJs flush draw stay in or drop out?

Ok I haven't posted in a while, but I was at the Taj playing 5-10, I know I should post this in the small stakes forum, but this type of game I was in qualifies for a mid limit post.

I'm 2nd to act and I was contimplating about raising with my AhJh after a previous limper. The reason why is that I don't want to discourage anyone with a smaller Ace to fold and I want to gain info from the people behind me if they infact hold a raising hand (a better raising hand) Plus my hand works great multiway as well. Well I limp after the first person limps. Thinking about it now I should have probably raised the weak limper and I emphasize the word weak because he almost virtually limped on every hand. Well anyway I limp then one other person limps and there is a raise. Cutoff cold calls, button drops, SB calls BB calls, first limper calls, and I close the round with my call.

So now there is $80 in the flop with 8 people to take this flop. The flop comes.

Qh 4h 3s.

The SB checks. The BB checks, I check. <---- I think I should have bet, but I'm thinking that the original raiser will bet because he does like this flop from the little look in his eye. Plus my bet won't scare anyone out, and I'm hoping that if I hit a heart on the turn it would be a good way to pull in the checkraise...since there is only one other person between me and the raiser. The raiser bets out, the guy to go next to him raises, and the SB 3 bets. BB drops and original bettor drops. Now it comes to me. Do I call the $15 cold or do I fold? but you have to think that I'm going to be possibly putting in $20 with what has transpired thus far on the flop. The rest of the hand is irrelevant because I want your input on what I should do on the flop. Thanks for the input.

----Just for info. I realized what I did wrong on this hand. It was a tough decision for me to either raise or call the original limpers bet, because I did emphasize that I don't want to lose a weaker Ace and I want to find out if someone has a bigger one behind me.

----On the flop I debated whether betting or checking was correct, but at the same time I did not want to bet only to have the original raiser raise and kill my customers behind me.

Do you see my rationalizations on my decisions? What do you think?

Also think ahead that if a heart doesn't fall on the turn I'm facing at least $20 on the turn or possibly $30 or $40.

Decisions....Decisions.....Decisions.....