Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: K4s in SB

[ QUOTE ]
Playing K4suited out of the small blind against a raise and cold call down the line is a long term loss. Spare me any talk of playing styles or opponent tendencies. 25% of our investments are sound in this game. Trying to justify more and calling it a pot odd choice is most often better called a leak. Just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling 1.5SB with K4s all the time is definitely a leak. But there are times when it can be okay. I listed some reasons up above for why. Folding is fine here as well, though, because it's close.

Of course, you probably shouldn't call preflop if you're going to call with 2.5 outs on the flop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 12-12-2005, 02:21 AM

Default Re: K4s in SB

[ QUOTE ]
Calling 1.5SB with K4s all the time is definitely a leak. But there are times when it can be okay. I listed some reasons up above for why. Folding is fine here as well, though, because it's close.

Of course, you probably shouldn't call preflop if you're going to call with 2.5 outs on the flop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly ... this isn't a hand I normally play, but given how much money was going in, I decided to give it a shot. I think a fold is good here as well, but I don't think calling is that atrocious.

On the flop however, agreed - there's no way my K outs are clean and I gave myself too many outs. This is a clear fold.

FWIW (which isn't much) - he had JJ and MHIG. At the time I thought I was brilliant, but obviously this is a losing play in the long run.

Thanks for the comments.