Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 10:16 AM

Default 1/2 6-max hand from last night

The table is full but two people are sitting out so we're four handed. I've only been here 12 hands and villain's only been here for 3. I've never seen him before.

PF:
Villain (~$85 behind) limps UTG, I have him covered and raise to $8 with T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], villain is the only caller

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($19 less rake)

He checks, I bet $14, he calls

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($47 less rake)

Villain pushes
Old 07-12-2005, 10:21 AM

Default Re: 1/2 6-max hand from last night

i think you're behind here; i fold.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:25 AM

Wow, what a spot to bluff in, I probably still fold though.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:14 AM

I don't like folding overpairs 4 handed in general. Unless I have a good reason to believe that this guy is tight, his line looks way too weird to get me to fold. Did he have 96 for the weird OESD which just hit? Possibly. Did he just hit some weird two pair? Possibly. More likely he is making a move, pushing a draw or one pair, though. I'm very tempted to call. I'd say against complete unknown, I'm probably calling. If I have a read that this guy may be tighter than average, I'm probably laying down. Weird line, though, no matter what he has.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like folding overpairs 4 handed in general. Unless I have a good reason to believe that this guy is tight, his line looks way too weird to get me to fold. Did he have 96 for the weird OESD which just hit? Possibly. Did he just hit some weird two pair? Possibly. More likely he is making a move, pushing a draw or one pair, though. I'm very tempted to call. I'd say against complete unknown, I'm probably calling. If I have a read that this guy may be tighter than average, I'm probably laying down. Weird line, though, no matter what he has.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is almost verbatim what went through my head at the time.... eerie.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:22 AM

i'd call and pray for something like A6/club draw/top pair. i hate folding this 4 handed.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:23 AM

I see Villian's line as he called the flop with a monster (2 pair or trips) hoping to slow play. Then the turn card freaked him out a little and as a result, he overplayed his hand fearing the river card.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:25 AM

6-max tables 4 handed no less is not the time to think about the player being tricky and such or all the permutations of hands that are ahead of yours. i'd call and assume i'm ahead
Old 07-12-2005, 11:26 AM

Why wouldn't he c/r if he had a strong hand on the flop? It's a draw heavy board so he should a)protect and b)get plenty of action from someone fearing a semi-bluff. No?
Old 07-12-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't he c/r if he had a strong hand on the flop? It's a draw heavy board so he should a)protect and b)get plenty of action from someone fearing a semi-bluff. No?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 4 handed people tend to worry less about draws on the flop. He may have been planning the big c/r on the turn assuming no club fell.