Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-27-2005, 11:11 AM

Default FPS: Flop 3-bet pure bluff -- 400NL

I've played with Villain before and he seems like a solid TAG, around 24/8 if my memory serves me correct. I think he's definately capable of folding TPTK for 100xBB most of the time.

My table image is around 30/20 but not super-aggressive post-flop as I don't c-bet nearly as much as most people would, especially against people who know I won't have [censored] most of the time. I like to pick my spots. This leads me to believe that Villain gives me atleast some credit post-flop.

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero ($1231.45)
SB ($778.55)
BB ($390.40)
UTG ($318.80)
MP ($410.65)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $11.

Flop: ($32) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $150</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: $257

Hero shows: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I think that his flop raise will be a combination of air (trying to protect his blind with a small pair or missed highcards) or a weak ace (trying to find out where he's at) enough times to make this bluff slightly +EV. I expect him to fold anything worse than AK and push with the rest. If he calls I'm check-folding the turn. I think it's also a great meta game play (which is why I showed) because after this it's unlikely anyone will play back at me without a real hand which allows me to run the table over for the rest of the session. Thoughts?