Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 12-27-2005, 10:57 AM

Default Re: STAY AWAY from 9 poker....

Support does suck but you wont find a better bonus to clear at 2/4 and up. Even this larger bonus will clear like water at small stakes. I clear about 3 of these a week. Game selection is horrible though.

Weird about the bonus thing though. They propbably can't change it, I dont see why they'd throw a fit about it if they could.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:44 AM

This sucks for you and clearly they could be a little more upfront about things, but it isn't quite as insidious a business practice as you're making it out to be. You can still pull your money out and decide not to play there at all right?
Old 12-27-2005, 12:53 PM

This is why I like the Ultimatebet bonus. After each session they give you the portion of the bonus that you have earned so if you never play enough to unlock the whole thing, you at least get some of it.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:54 PM

I'd disagree. When their own website lists the bonus and you sign up in good faith assuming that's what you'll get, and you don't, that's shady.

In response to an email I sent them, I got this today.

Funny what a little unwanted press will do for a place. Got this email today:

Dear Christopher,

I received a note from Thomas Mathiesen regarding an issue you experienced yesterday with our sign up bonus. I want to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to this bonus issue.

I was aware of this issue when you spoke to Jack T. Burton, the Poker Customer Service Supervisor, however I was informed that the issue was under control and that you agreed to play the assigned bonus. I assure you that I am not looking to get more money out of your bonus, nor I want to force to play more than what you need to redeem your bonus. That's why I sent out a request today to the data base manager to relocate your bonus and set the correct amount. This may take a couple of days as it is not a simple process and it has to be added to the data base schedule, but I will make sure to get it done this week. In the mean time Christopher, you can continue playing and earning POP points towards your $150 bonus. Remember that you need to achieve 1800 POP points and not 1500, as we changed the settings about 1 week ago.

Finally Christopher, let me explain to you why this happened as I feel you have the right to know. As I mentioned above, we recently changed our bonus configuration and it seems that a bug was created causing that your deposit exceeded the limit established on the system; the result was that on $200 deposits it was giving 150% on $150 deposit which was around $225 in bonus. Fortunately this issue was fixed this morning, so you shouldn't see anymore of this issues happening again.

I appreciate your time and patience Christopher, and I hope to keep
seeing you at the tables.

Best regards,

Jeremy Taylor
Product Manager

So, they are going to honor what I signed up for, albiet slightly different (12 POP instead of 10 POP). I'm satisfied with this resolution for the most part. However, I didn't and still don't appreciate the customer service essentially lying to me about the situation on two different occasions.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:08 PM

So your going to play there after all these shady business practices?????
Old 12-27-2005, 03:33 PM

I never said I was. I was simply posting what their response was. I am still undecided if I should continue or not.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:59 PM

When ever stuff like this happens and you have someone of authority on the phone, always mention you post at 2plus2 and all the other poker forums and that you will be posting threads such as this one. It usually does not do much, but from what I understand, Pnine, is a new site, and these sites lose alot of buisiness from bad PR. I for one will not bother with them.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:09 AM

I signed up at Nine a while ago. I deposited $200. My pending $150 bonus never showed up. I called them and got

"I'm sorry sir, but you have to deposit $150 to receive the bonus, and you deposited $200."

btw..
cristina: Sir many player die for receiving more money through poker!! LOL did she say it exactly like that ?
Old 12-28-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"I'm sorry sir, but you have to deposit $150 to receive the bonus, and you deposited $200."

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I never said I was. I was simply posting what their response was. I am still undecided if I should continue or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't. And I would advise no one else do it either. Their customer service representative FLAT OUT LIED to you about why you got the extra money (wild card my ass), and then the manager told you it was a bug, not some lucky wild card. I would not trust my money in a site this shady, I'd get it out immediately. Cust. Support at sites like Party Poker may be ridiculously incompetent and stupid, but I've never caught one in a lie like this before.