Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 12-22-2005, 01:23 PM

Default 1st bad beat post ever

ok. I gots to do it. I have never complained before and didn't intend to now but the beats the last 3 days still have me muttering so I am typing them out and hopefully they die. FWIW I probably won't even read responses it just seems a bit therapeutical to get it off my chest. Not only is this my 1st and only bad beat post ever but there are 3 of them included.

First

180 Man SNG Stars 10 people left, 1 person to go to final table. I get A7 spades on button, and push, BB calls. UH OH he called. He has A6 suited, sigh, this should be ok. Flop Ad, 7d, 8,c. Sweet, final table time. Turn 10h, uh oh I can see it now and my jedi powers make it happen, river 9. 10th place. Way to use the jedi powers.

Second

$10 Tourney 2 days ago - Stars. 45 people left. I am dealt AK in BB with about 47,000 chips. MP raises with about 49,000 chips. I cold call. Flop A,Q,2. I check intending to make some money from his cont bet at least. He bets I raise all in, he calls????. Turns over 1010??? Are you serious. OK. Turn is a blank, and my jedi powers cloud to the dark side again, river 10. This one made me want to kill the person as he sat and ridiculed me like he was good or something. He told me my check raise made him think I was weak and didn't think I had an A or a Q or better. LOL. MORANS.

Third

Last night $20 deep stack tourney - stars. 30 hours in and still 3 away from the bubble I have made a decent stack with absolutely no cards. Someone was sitting out and MP was raising to steal his blinds, I caught on to this reraised him with air twice before showing 10-3 the third time trying to set him up to call me when and if I actually got a good hand. Well I'm about 45,000. 56 people left, 54 pay. I get QQ on the button, sweet. I raise big blind pushes back at me, I call. He flips JJ. OK lets see the Jedi powers work for the good of the jedi. Flop blanks, ok cool. Turn blank, sweet but I can feel the force of the dark side working within me and sure enough river J.

God poker makes you want to break things some days.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: 1st bad beat post ever

Dear Yoda,
obviously your Jedi powers are no match for your enemies.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: 1st bad beat post ever

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Yoda,
obviously your Jedi powers are no match for your enemies.

[/ QUOTE ]

word