Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 10-19-2005, 05:08 PM
Bez Bez is offline
Senior Member

Location: West Yorkshire, England
Default Absolute change rules

You now need to play at least 2/4 to have a chance of clearing Absolute bonuses after they changed the rules. You need about 4 raked hands at 1/2 now for a reward point.

I received this e-mail:

Dear Michael

Thank you for your email.

We have changed our policies to accumulate absolute reward points as follows:

- 1 Point for every hand played in a REAL money ring game with a limit of $2/$4
or higher that has collected at least the minimum rake ($.25)
- 2 Points for every hand played in a real money ring game with a limit of
$3/$6 or higher that has collected at least the minimum rake ($.25)
- 4 Points for every dollar in tournament buy-in Fee ($10 + $1 tournament would
earn 4 points)

Our website will soon be updated.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Ana Cristina
Team Absolute ~ Customer Support
"Continuing to be the Best and Most Trusted"
Support@AbsolutePoker.com

Refer your friends to Absolute Poker today and we’ll hand you some FREE cash.
See www.absolutepoker.com/promotionsReferAFriend.asp for more details!

Old 10-19-2005, 05:15 PM
primetime32 primetime32 is offline
Senior Member

Location: NY
Default Re: Absolute change rules

where did you read that?
Old 10-19-2005, 05:18 PM
Schwartzy61 Schwartzy61 is offline
Senior Member

There's a thread in the Internet Forum that talks about Absolute having some technical issues and not all hands were being properly counted. But everyone said they fixed it and everything was back to clearing as normal. Do you have a link or some proof to these changed rules?
Old 10-19-2005, 05:20 PM
primetime32 primetime32 is offline
Senior Member

Location: NY

He is wrong. Just played a hand at .50/1 NL,rake was .30 cents and it counted towards the bonus.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:22 PM
People_Mover People_Mover is offline
Senior Member

There's no change YET. On the Absolute Poker Forums, there's rumors about it, but everything is still the same. 25% reload today. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2005, 05:25 PM
primetime32 primetime32 is offline
Senior Member

Location: NY

[ QUOTE ]
There's no change YET. On the Absolute Poker Forums, there's rumors about it, but everything is still the same. 25% reload today. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a technical problem which changed it yesterday. When they were notified by email they sent everyone an email apologizing for the problem and crediting everyone with an extra 10 in bonus. So i dont think anything major is iminent.

However, i wouldnt be shocked if they made it slightly more difficult for the low stakes players to clear the bonuses.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:39 PM
titans01 titans01 is offline
Junior Member

Are you sure this for the points to clear a bonus? Absolute reward points are different. Absolute reward points are used towards tourney entries and merchandise. The numbers you are posting sounds like the way it has always been in regards to Absolute reward points. Bonus points are different. I'm at work now and can't check into this but will look when I get home.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Bez Bez is offline
Senior Member

Location: West Yorkshire, England

I mentioned bonus money in my e-mail to them but it is certainly feasible they didn't answer it correctly. However, before points for bonuses and reward points accrued at the same rate. 100 pts for $10 bonus isn't it?
Old 10-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Sniper Sniper is offline
Senior Member

[ QUOTE ]
1 Point for every hand played in a REAL money ring game with a limit of $2/$4 or higher that has collected at least the minimum rake ($.25)

[/ QUOTE ]

That should read "or lower".