Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-26-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Playalong JJ

[ QUOTE ]
this seems to me like the easiest check in the world. i am very interested in hearing why it might not be. maybe some think it should be "easy" to fold to a c/r, but I don't like putting myself in the position of having to make the decision for one more bet in a 17bb pot, especially when there really arent many hands he can just call with that i beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

the case I can make for betting is that since his hand looks so much like spades, I think it is very likely that he realizes his hand looks like spades and would donk if he made a flush. however, like you said, he could have a lot of other non spade hands that are still beating me, which is what pushed me back in the direction of checking.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well no one seems too interested in the turn, but I popped it and surprisingly BB insta called and UTG mucked. On to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I get to wake up to this? UTG folded??? F'in weird. Poker players are strange sometimes.

BB could very easily be playing a passive QQ-AA or looking to c/r a completed flush. I'd check behind because those combos are greater than 99, TT and the remote A7 or A8. Bet/folding into a pot this size would be insane. Bet/calling is OK, but not as good as checking behind IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I cannot figure out wtf UTG could have possibly had. Especially considering he had 50 bucks left and the pot was huge.

IMO its either check or bet/call. I am not even willing to consider bet/fold.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:34 AM

UTG has already illistrated why I like a bet. People are stupid. let him call with his 66 or A2c or whatever. sure the spades is scary, so what? its rare a river card isnt scary. bet that [censored]