Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

View Poll Results: Martial Status?
I'm a loser 10 27.78%
I'm a playa, but the season is on hold due to lockout 5 13.89%
I'm a playa, and I'm playing 0 0%
I got me some new ass for the next little while 1 2.78%
Attached, but looking for a way out 0 0%
Attached and damn happy about it 5 13.89%
Widowed :-( 0 0%
I'm finally free of that mess (but half my stuff is gone) 1 2.78%
Engaged 1 2.78%
Married, but not for the first time 1 2.78%
Married.... for now 1 2.78%
Married and doomed to have sex with the same person for the rest of my life 11 30.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Which street is worst?

I can't believe 37% of people voted preflop. That is just absurd.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe 37% of people voted preflop. That is just absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

holy [censored]. i never looked at the pole. i guess i gotta vote too.
im gonna vote flop now that i thought about it.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:30 AM

I voted turn. However, I was thinking the flop at first. Little light pf, but whateva... nothin bad there. Based on your line, river is aproaching auto.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:48 AM

Flop.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, i thought flop was probably the best, i obviously have some serious problems with my game.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am so glad you said this! I thought i crazy, WTF IS EVERYONE THINKING? we're 5 handed, people opening stardards are basically any two cards, and the flop is like 866. How are we not betting this in position? IMO, the flop and turn are close in terms of total badness, because no one is folding a club, 5, or 9 now. That turn card is a BAAAD card to bluff at.

Preflop isnt that bad, this 3 bet is one you need to make from time to time to keep people honest shorthanded, just as long as its not your standard line here.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am so glad you said this! I thought i crazy, WTF IS EVERYONE THINKING? we're 5 handed, people opening stardards are basically any two cards, and the flop is like 866. How are we not betting this in position? IMO, the flop and turn are close in terms of total badness, because no one is folding a club, 5, or 9 now. That turn card is a BAAAD card to bluff at.

Preflop isnt that bad, this 3 bet is one you need to make from time to time to keep people honest shorthanded, just as long as its not your standard line here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im arguing with people way better than me, but IMO, you dont have the best hand on this flop, and no one is folding on this flop, so why put in money with the worst hand and no chance to win it outright?
Old 12-25-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
for you guys who say river is good: you agree that the river is good only because I bet the turn, right? Im assuming you would hate a river bet after a turn check?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. The river is good cuz you bet the turn, but the turn bet may not be so hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

what exactly is the problem with the turn bet? when they check to me, Im pretty certain neitehr have a pair. so basically Im betting to charge the lone clubs and set up my river bluff at the same time. do you guys really think they are gonna pay off both streets with ace high no club?

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I voted flop, and preflop ran a close 2nd. The river is obviously perfect (but only because you bet the turn) and I think the turn was fine. Probably riskier at 20/40, because I'd be more likely to expect a checkraise semibluff, but certainly at 10/20 and below I often bet here to charge people for a draw, so that I can win it with a bet on the river if a blank falls. In other words, whether your thinking is flawed or not . . . it's exactly mine as well [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].
Old 12-25-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im arguing with people way better than me, but IMO, you dont have the best hand on this flop, and no one is folding on this flop, so why put in money with the worst hand and no chance to win it outright?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this is my thought. I have almost no fold equity and I think by checking the flop I actually have a better chance of taking it down on the turn if it bricks and they check to me again. (Obviously this turn was not a brick)
Old 12-25-2005, 10:19 PM

I think flop is bad if preflop is good. But preflop is almost certainly bad so flop is good, but flop is good and then the turn is bad, the river is good.