Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Re: working on my river play

I play it the same way.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edit: I would have check/called the river

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. I think the typical 3/6 player calls more much more often ... with hands that you beat than you don't.

I don't think he is betting the river with many hands that don't beat you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Chairman,

In my experience, which is almost all at 1/2 however, you won't get called much on this river by anything you beat, many of the hands that called you so far already have a straight and are slowplaying it, or they were calling with the hopes of an ace (Ax) or a five (2big, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 8big, 82, 83, 84, 86, 87, 89) or either one (A2, A8)to come.

Therefore, with this small pot, I think check/folding > bet/folding.

However, because checking will sometimes induce a bluff, I think check/calling > bet/folding; at least against an unknown and later, enough of the time to keep to him honest.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By betting you allow him to call those weak hands and the board doesn't seem to lend itself to a bluff-raising that often.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this not a good bluff-raising board? The only way it could be better is if it was the ace of hearts.

That said I do think bet/folding is right, especially at this limit where bluff-raising is less common - I just don't think the possibility should be discounted entirely.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is this not a good bluff-raising board?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that it's not considered a good raising board because villian will often think that hero may have been flop betting his gutshot and hit it on the turn.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
By betting you allow him to call those weak hands and the board doesn't seem to lend itself to a bluff-raising that often.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this not a good bluff-raising board? The only way it could be better is if it was the ace of hearts.

That said I do think bet/folding is right, especially at this limit where bluff-raising is less common - I just don't think the possibility should be discounted entirely.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is good because people are less likely to do it here. On this board when raised it is usually straight / A. When people are more educated in the game and realise that a raise will mean straight/A and they are against a thinking TAG then a bluff raise is more common and only when they believe Hero doesn't have the straight....

Forgive me if I am wrong [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

True