Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-20-2005, 05:12 AM

Default Blind Battles: Hand #9

Villain is a good tag player.

Everyone folds to you in the SB and you openraise 88, BB 3bets and you just call.

Flop is A36

What do we do?

What if the flop is AJ6 instead?

Extra credit: Going solely on stats, what would the cutoff be for folding versus calling down? IE: Would you go to showdown against a 30/20/2 but fold against a 27/18/2?
Old 12-20-2005, 06:11 AM

Default Re: Blind Battles: Hand #9

I think A36 I am checkcalling the flop for sure, as I do that with Aces OOP all the time (assuming that if I know the BB is a good TAG, he knows me too). If he wants to bet the turn again I probably fold. For your extra credit he'd have to have shown me in the past that he can bet 3 streets with nothing - there are plently of guys with TAG stats who can ole' the turn and then check behind or even fold to a river bet in this spot.

AJ6 checkfold flop.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:12 AM

i think checkcalling the flop checkfolding the turn in the A36 hand bleeds a tremendous amount of money as villain will be following through alot.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think checkcalling the flop checkfolding the turn in the A36 hand bleeds a tremendous amount of money as villain will be following through alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:16 AM

I'm calling the flop, calling most turns (not a K, Q, or J), and probably folding the river.

Alternatively, I would raise the turn some decent % of the time.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:00 AM

I´m going to showdown on enough flops that I´d rather cap preflop and take it from there.

I probably check-call 3 times on the first board, but check-fold the second. Sometimes I get aggressive somewhere on the first though.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I´m going to showdown on enough flops that I´d rather cap preflop and take it from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think TStone realizes this, but the question is a theoretical if you just called. I think I cap here 100% of the time.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:28 AM

yes i cap 88 here but its a theoretical.

on a somewhat nonrelated note, how is capping 88 out of position here any different than 3betting AA HU out of position? alot of people are suddenly advocating not 3betting out of position regardless of your holding, how would capping 88 here be any different? if its correct to smoothcall every time out of position HU, wouldnt it be correct to never cap as well?
Old 12-20-2005, 12:43 PM

LOL you replied 1 minute after I posted. There's kind of a dance here, where I am going to showdowns, so good TAGs are *not* betting KQ on the turn, except then they bet their Ace and I fold so now they start continuation betting again. When I answered I had just played a session where my opponent had been mojofied into not pounding through to the river. If you say villian will be following through "a lot" then he's not paying attention and I would call down.