Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: ($11)(Party) 4-handed, A9o on button, 100/200 blinds

[ QUOTE ]
I do not rely on SnGPT *at all* for making decisions on how to play a hand.

I only run SnGPT after the fact when I am reviewing my games. I just started playing the Party $11's, and my goal is to learn to play them correctly. Part of my process for learning to play them correctly is reviewing all my hand histories. Part of my hand history review process is plugging the relevant hands into SnG Power Tools to see how my decisions coincided or conflicted with the EV calculations SnGPT gives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, yeah. Like I said. Of course you can't use it at the table. But read my other points.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:14 PM

I have not read any one elses reply yet, but IMO push.. 9xbb left your only option is push or fold. A9 is stronger that you think here. you could always get called with a PP or better Ace, but that happens... you need to steal blinds and your next 12 hands could be much worse than A9... pooossshhh!!
Old 10-13-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[
Well it is on the bubble, which means uber agression.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, uber aggression on the bubble has been killing me lately!!! I'm looking back and seeing a lot of tournaments that I would likely have cashed in had I not been so uber aggressive on the bubble (I consider bubble 75/150 or 4 players, whichever comes first). I frequently push with the maniac range of hands on the bubble, and if the situation looks right, i push with absolute trash.

But it isn't working well for me and I'm trying to figure out how to fix my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't push garbage until just before I am desperate, but I still have FE
Old 10-13-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pushing situation to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this an auto-push for you given that SnGPT shows this as a marginal push for an avg calling range? What other factors are you considering that I may be missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

what is an average range?

[/ QUOTE ]

The SngPT avg range is 66+, ATs+, AJo+. They may actually be looser than this, which decreases my EV a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would be surprised to see a call by 66. i'd guess the ranges should be more like 88+, AJ+. nobody likes bubbling.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the $11's people call w/ all sorts of garbage... 66 is a great hand compared to the garbage I get called with.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pushing situation to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

A push UTG on the bubble with these stack sizes is usually worth less EV than is indicated on SNGPT since the chances of a call are somewhat larger than say a push from the SB. When you push A9 UTG and are called say 25%, then ~15% total you are knocked out and thus forgo anymore +EV moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought she was on the button...
Old 10-13-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...and I've been getting my behind kicked. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

this is because your Judo is no match for my Kung-fu! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...and I've been getting my behind kicked. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

this is because your Judo is no match for my Kung-fu! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Thx for the replies. I think you are right (except for the Kung Fu part--and anyway, didn't you say you were going to "karate chop" me in another post a couple days ago? which is it, kung fu or karate???)
Old 12-10-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pushing situation to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this an auto-push for you given that SnGPT shows this as a marginal push for an avg calling range? What other factors are you considering that I may be missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

what is an average range?

[/ QUOTE ]

The SngPT avg range is 66+, ATs+, AJo+. They may actually be looser than this, which decreases my EV a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would be surprised to see a call by 66. i'd guess the ranges should be more like 88+, AJ+. nobody likes bubbling.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the $11's people call w/ all sorts of garbage... 66 is a great hand compared to the garbage I get called with.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed i definitely think calling range is looser than avg.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:15 PM

This is a brainless allin. Also the edge you gave is extremely large!! The difference was 1%, that is a HUGE amount of EV to gain. eastbay should really get rid of that "its too close to call" option, because it seems to have everyone thinking they should just pass up EV all the time if its close.