Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 05-09-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Losing weight.

btw, your "progression" in weight almost mirrors mine (assuming ofc that those pics i saw in threads are chronological order)

getting back in shape is so easy, i just need that initial kick in the ass. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, i'm not reallly looking to gain muscle, i'm looking to lose fat

building muscle is the BEST way to lose 'fat'. of course some retard will post how they lost 35lbs by eating steamed zuccini 3 years ago. what they dont realize is a decent amount of it is muscle that they lost, which is counterproductive. read the site i linked for ya, your body will thank you for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true...don't look at the problem as losing weight. I you lift weights properly, you will lose fat and gain lean muscle mass. You may not lose as much weight as you would with a traditional diet, but you will be in much better shape. Replacing fat with muscle will not show as much results on the scale, put you will be in much better shape physically.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i too need to lose weight and fat. right now im runnin stairs for 30min every day then doing 30min (total, 10each) of pushups, lunges, and crunches.

is this sufficient to lose my fat (190 and 5' 8") or should i lift weights instead of my "natural" exercises? im hesitant to use weights as i do not want to risk injury

[/ QUOTE ]

Running stairs is a great cardio workout but very hard on the knees, you will have problems later on if you keep doing 30 minutes a day. Swimming laps is probably my favorite cardio excercise for getting in shape, it's very easy on the joints and is an excellent workout (if you have access to a pool). These natural excercises are good but if you starting lifting weights properly (light weights), you will see a huge different. Of course all this is useless unless you are eating properly. Limiting whites (breads, rice etc) and eating lots of fruits and vegetables, combined with eating lean meats (turkey especially) will give great results.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i'm sure this is good advice, but i am totally foreign to lifting weights seriously, so i have no idea what much of it means [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the best thing you can do is get a couple sessions with a personal trainer. He/She will show you how to perform excercises correctly, you will be set after that. Proper weight lifting technique is a great thing to know, you will definately get your money's worth. I'm not saying you should have a personal trainer for the next year or so, setting you up on a program, just buy a couple sessions to go over all the basic movements. After a bit of practice with light weights, you will have the movements down pat and you can add weight lifting to your fitness program for the rest of your life. Alot of gyms also offer free technique seminars to people. The worst thing you can do is not lift weights 'cause you feel like you'll look like you have no idea what you're doing in the gym.
also check out THIS site for excercise descriptions. Hope this helps.
Malone
Old 05-09-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

building muscle is the BEST way to lose 'fat'. of course some retard will post how they lost 35lbs by eating steamed zuccini 3 years ago. what they dont realize is a decent amount of it is muscle that they lost, which is counterproductive. read the site i linked for ya, your body will thank you for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fad diets suck. But good nutrition is a totally different thing. You won't lose any muscle with proper nutrition.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Bubba\'s weight loss plan.

I did this for 7 months. I don't recomend it but If you try it, you WILL lose weight.

I am a creature of habbit and as such I can stick with a really mundane routine longer than anybody else I know. My diet for 7 months consisted of a english muffin w/Peanut Butter for Breakfast. Lunch and dinner was either Boneless/skinless Chicken breast, Tuna Fish or steak on either a bed of lettuce, or with a health serving of Broccoli or some other green veggie.

A one hour workout heavy on the cardio 3 or 4 times a week.

This is the important part. It's also the part where anybody who knows anything about nutrition would start looking at me cross-eyed.

In the evenings, if I got hungry, I would deaden the hunger with liquor (usually Capt'n Morgan and diet pepsi) usually 2 or 3 glasses, not enough to get wasted, but just enough to not think about being hungry.

Between February and August of 2003 my weight dropped from 270lbs to 227lbs.

In August of that year I met my current girlfriend and was not able to maintain the routine any longer. But I 've managed to keep most of the weight off since by working out fairly regularly.

Good luck.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't recomend it

[/ QUOTE ]

second
Old 05-09-2005, 05:21 PM

Three drinks every day is a fairly heavy load to do long-term.

And you can eat an enormous amount of non-starchy vegetables if you want to without gaining weight. It's almost impossible to keep weight on with a diet consisting largely of vegetables, skinless chicken and fish, fruits, and only very moderate starches.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the evenings, if I got hungry, I would deaden the hunger with liquor (usually Capt'n Morgan and diet pepsi) usually 2 or 3 glasses, not enough to get wasted, but just enough to not think about being hungry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, you could drink a glass of coffee about an hour or two before dinner at 4:30 or 5. Caffiene is a natural appetizer suppressant and couple that with a glass of water to fill the void and you wont feel that hungry. You could also have a healthy snack like an apple or a banana.

-jord
Old 05-09-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will try to stick to the diet of Bagel w/ cream cheese for breakfast,

[/ QUOTE ]

Try replacing this with a hot cereal like Red River, and add some flax seed or flax seed oil to it (and a little brown sugar for taste if you have to). It's great for the body and bowels. Vector or cereal is pretty good too. The turkey is a great idea though, I cook a turkey at the beginning of everyweek and eat it all week, it's great.
One of the best things you can do as well is drink water like crazy. I have a jug of water with me all day.
It's hard to get in shape if you are that set against working out. The only thing I can suggest is to try different things untill you find something you enjoy doing. I hate doing cardio training too, but I find swimming not too bad (I swim for 20 min, hit the hot tub for a while, repeat, it's really relaxing). Also I find running outside to be somewhat enjoyable. Trying running (or speed walking) in a nice area, with some good music and it might not be that bad.
Hope this helps
Malone

Also try eating less more often, eating small portions every 3 hours or so will:

1.increase energy levels
2.*******increases metabolism*****
3.keeps constant flow of nutrients to the body
4.makes it easier to ensure you get your daily requirement of foods (snack lots on fruits and veggies etc.).
This is great way to gain energy and lose weight.

*but try to keep your snacking before bedtime to a minimum*