Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 05-14-2005, 11:51 PM

Default DN\'s comments on his match and an interesting thought

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poke...amp;ucat=&

so here is DN's blog post about the match, a couple of hands are discussed and DN ends up saying he think he got very unlucky but that he was also probably outplayed, and (this is actually the reason I'm posting this) he says that: As for a rematch, that will likely happen, but before it does I have some softer opponents to attend to for even larger stakes.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:38 PM

Default Re: DN\'s comments on his match and an interesting thought

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poke...amp;ucat=&

so here is DN's blog post about the match, a couple of hands are discussed and DN ends up saying he think he got very unlucky but that he was also probably outplayed, and (this is actually the reason I'm posting this) he says that: As for a rematch, that will likely happen, but before it does I have some softer opponents to attend to for even larger stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

from what i read, does'nt sound like he got outplayed [for the most part]. looks to me like he did get very unlucky [ alot ].
Old 05-15-2005, 10:55 PM

i'd guess he caught about 1/2 the bad beats he described. he's a good player and everything, but he sounds like any other guy talking about how unlucky he is in that blog post.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:40 AM

That last post really brings to focus how much more like hellmuth he is becoming. With every pseudo compliment he gives oppenheim, there is always an included jab. Either he is indirectly insulting oppenheim by claiming that stakes were so small he doesnt care if he wins or loses, or he chalks oppenheims winning as luck, or an extremely lucky streak.

Add a cell phone game plug and a WSOP bracelet comment and remove the name, and people would think its Hellmuth writing this drivel up.

Daniel's best qualities in the past that got him the notoriety he experiences now are slowly getting sucked out of him.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel's best qualities in the past that got him the notoriety he experiences now are slowly getting sucked out of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is hardly likeable anymore.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:56 AM

In Hockey terms he could probably relate to, 6-8 months ago i would have compared him to Gretzky, today I would say he is leaning towards Dominik Hasek status.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude needs a month-long vacation bad.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude needs a month-long vacation bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know that he was likeable to begin with.

I think the increased exposure is just showing how he actually is and always has been.

I mean as a lot poker players are probably more arrogant than the average population. On average arrogant people are less likeable than most.

I include myself in this.

So should it suprise anybody that increased media attention on notable poker personalities reveal that they have an arrgant self-centered view of the world?
Old 05-16-2005, 11:23 AM

He is a worse attention whore than Hellmuth, but he gets away with it because he is more likable.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That last post really brings to focus how much more like hellmuth he is becoming. With every pseudo compliment he gives oppenheim, there is always an included jab. Either he is indirectly insulting oppenheim by claiming that stakes were so small he doesnt care if he wins or loses, or he chalks oppenheims winning as luck, or an extremely lucky streak.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has said numerous times that he thought he was a dog. He's been very clear about that. He also said Oppenheim caught some good cards. The two statements are not conflicting. If you just played someone for 200k and the deck hit him in the face, you'd probably talk about it too. He makes pains to say even though Oppenheim got lucky, DN thinks he got outplayed as well. Yeah maybe he could have talked about the luck a little yes, but I didn't see this post as nutzoid-central.