Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-14-2005, 10:24 AM

Default Re: 10-25 AA

[ QUOTE ]
2) The games are imo much, much tougher than Party games. I have played a little Party 10/20 and sweated a few friends for a good number of sessions. I find hand-reading far, far easier in the Party game and people often make the kinds of mistakes that make it really easy to make big money. That is generally playing too passive and straightforward and calling too much. On UB, the "mistakes" people make often put you to really tough decisions and generally make things really hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why are you playing on UB instead of party?
Old 11-14-2005, 01:27 PM

Sorry. Please read my first post again. I added something.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:34 PM

I would always call here. Also, I'm not very good at NLHE.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2) The games are imo much, much tougher than Party games. I have played a little Party 10/20 and sweated a few friends for a good number of sessions. I find hand-reading far, far easier in the Party game and people often make the kinds of mistakes that make it really easy to make big money. That is generally playing too passive and straightforward and calling too much. On UB, the "mistakes" people make often put you to really tough decisions and generally make things really hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why are you playing on UB instead of party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Games move faster, I hate the Party interface, and I find the games more fun and interesting.

I'm near 100% certain I would make more playing on Party. If this were my profession, I'd definitely be playing on Party. I've said numerous times on this forum that I believe 4-tabling 10-20 on Party may well be more profitable than 3-tabling 25-50. There's no question that a Party 10-20 table is more profitable than a UB 10-25 table. If I start playing more hours than I currently do, I'll probably feel compelled to play more at Party.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:32 PM

FWIW, small sets will often jam on the flop when they put their opponents on top pair or overpairs. I think raising to 1500 is probably more standard than pushing, but there are a lot of tricky guys in this game who will push w/ sets in spots like this precisely to get KQ/AK/AA to call.

I was gonna say the same, but with this board I actually think it makes it even more likely a set would do something like this. Board is dry, but with an UTG opener and a bunch of callers, someone's gotta have a hand they like. If I'm here with 44 or 22 I'd pound the snot out of this flop and expect to get called by AK or something like that.

Didn't work out for you ED, but I think there's nothing wrong with the fold.

- C -
Old 11-14-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I folded. Dirty had AK. All-in had K7.

[/ QUOTE ]

from this i take it that dirty called (as opposed to fold-show)