Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 07:58 AM

Default Re: New 20% to 120$ deposit bonus on stars, starting now

Can you deposit and immediately withdraw to stack these up, or do you have to leave your money in there until you clear a bonus?
Old 05-27-2005, 08:07 AM

You need to leave your funds in for 24 hours, but I'm not sure if that's the exact time frame. It may be 48 hours, someone can correct me if 24 is incorrect.

Bottom line is leave it in for a period of time. Once that time period is finished, you can pull funds out. You do NOT have to leave them in until the bonus is finished.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody else here taking advantage of this? Looks like I'll be playing in the ring at Poker Stars for a while - with frequent stops into their newby WSOP qualifier tourneys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - this is one of the cooler things that we've done in the two years that I've been here. We are sending 25 players who have never played a cash game at PokerStars to the WSOP. If we do a three-peat, and our man (or woman) is fresh out of the play money games...

I know this won't be useful to most of you, but I think it's a great promotion and I'll be totally rooting for those 25 people.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager
Old 05-27-2005, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If we do a three-peat, and our man (or woman) is fresh out of the play money games...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can just imagine what Phil Hellmuth will say.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If we do a three-peat, and our man (or woman) is fresh out of the play money games...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can just imagine what Phil Hellmuth will say.

[/ QUOTE ]

He'd probably say: "The WSOP is rigged!!!".
Old 05-27-2005, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm looking at the Stars SnGs as I write this and I can't make heads or tails of the damn place. For example I just want to look at the 20 SnGs but they're all mixed in with everything else. You can't seperate them out like you can at Party. Also at Party I can get in four of them in less than two minutes. They don't even have four to get into at Stars. The same is true for all of their other games. They just don't have that many games.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right they don't have 4 to get into - because there is only 1 at a time. You sign up for it, and as soon as it starts they open a new table. This way there aren't 6 tables with 8 people each waiting for a game. The first 9 players get into a game, and then the next 9, and so on.

The order of all the games is up to you, you can sort by time, game type, buyin, whatever. Just click on the column header and it'll sort.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:13 AM

Default Stars bonuses are stackable right? nm

nm
Old 05-27-2005, 11:23 AM

I'd be SHOCKED if any of these "lucky" 25 play money players make it out of the first day at the Main Event, Lee.

Talk about dead money.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking at the Stars SnGs as I write this and I can't make heads or tails of the damn place. For example I just want to look at the 20 SnGs but they're all mixed in with everything else. You can't seperate them out like you can at Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

The exact ordering and arrangement of the tournaments is user definable.

If you look at the bar directly underneath the Tourney tab (ID Date Game Limit Buy-In State Enrolled) you will notice either a little "up" arrow or "down" arrow.

You can switch the ordering, or select the tournaments to be ordered differently by clicking on the appropriate tab.

Maybe you do this and you still think that it is messy? Ship any feedback that you might have to ideas@pokerstars.com" target="_blank

Thanks,

Rom

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking at the Stars SnGs as I write this and I can't make heads or tails of the damn place. For example I just want to look at the 20 SnGs but they're all mixed in with everything else. You can't seperate them out like you can at Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll post my ideas here, because I don't think I'm going to be playing at your site much. Yes I do still think it's messy. I'm watching a $20 SnG right now and it's heads up and has been running 1hr and 21mn! No thank you. I can play two or three in that time at Party.

Also they don't pay as much. I guess that's because they are only nine handed.

I go to the lobby and click on Sit & Go. I then click on 1-table. I then click on every combination I can think of using the little arrows you describe. I still can't make only the games I am interested show up all by themselves, and I can't hide the full tables.

Party currently has 75 $20 Sit & Gos, while stars has 8. At Party they are easier to find, easier to get into, and faster to play, plus they pay more.

I tried to get into four of the 20s and it took about 7 minutes just for one of them to fill! At Party they fill as fast as you can sit down sometimes. The higher limit ones like the 50s through 200s take a little bit longer.

Sorry Stars, but this just isn't my cup of tea.

I have the same complaints about your ring games. Not enough selection. Maybe somebody likes it because I see you have 17,000 people playing, but I have no idea what they're playing, because it just doesn't interest me.

I guess my bonuses are just going to stack up at Stars.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I finished mine in 2 hours and 50 minutes playing $100 and $200 heads up sit&go's, two at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I ask you a couple of questions? How long do these heads up sit & go's last on average? Is this with 10 minute rounds? In 2 hours and 50 minutes how many would you say you played altogether?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't already know, for every $1 in rake you get 5fpp's. So the $100+5 HU games are woth 25fpp's and the 200+10's are worth 50fpp's. I propably played about 8 $200 ones and 8 $100 ones, which adds up to 600fpp's.

I have played a bunch that lasted under 10 hands and a bunch that have lasted 40 minutes. I'd say that the average time to complete them is 20 minutes.

I wouldnt suggest playing these $100+ heads up sit&go's to clear a bonus though. I play them anyway so the bunus was just a perk. It's easily possible to be down $500+ after clearing the bonus if you didnt have a good day.

Try looking at the turbo 9 person sit&go's. This sounds more like your style of game since you want everything to move quick. They last around 50 minutes since the blinds go up every 5 minutes in these.