Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 09:44 PM

Default My \"Gotta Have Action\" College FB picks

I've had some pretty good luck picking pro and college football over the last couple of weeks so I decided to start sharing my picks now that I am surely going to rocket back to mediocrity [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My record so far has been pretty good but it is inconsiquential since I have not been posting my picks up here (with the exception of a mention of the Nebraska/Pitt
under last week). So here it goes.

Record NCAAF 0-0-0
NFL 0-0-0

Michigan -3
Michigans pass defense is sketchy but thats ok in this case since Wisconsin isn't a big threat passing. I think Michigan's offense can put up enough points and their defense can stiffen enough to cover in this game.

Virginia Tech -10
Call this one my gut feeling pick. Just one of those feelings that Va Tech is going cover this one. Or maybe it was the Chili dog I just ate [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

North Carolina St. -10.5
The UNC quarterback situation is fragile. Their starter is one back slap away from leaving the game and the backups are lacking any real playing experience. Even if Baker manages to complete this game I think UNC will be hampered trying to protect him.

Arizona St -7
Another pac 10 shootout. Oregon St. looked incapable of stopping a good Louisville offense as it went up and down the field seemingly at will. On the other hand Arizona St. has blown out two lesser opponents and played a very close game with LSU that they would have won with some better special teams play. Lots of scoring but ASU wins by two touchdowns or more.

Other interesting games I'm thinking about.
I won't include these games in my record win or lose (unless I commit to one of them later in the thread) but list them here just to see what other people think of them.

<font color="red"> Oregon +21 </font>
USC is a great team but Oregon can put up some points too. I think USC wins this game but I think Oregon puts up some points and covers the spread. It seems like the over may be the play but at 67 I just cant pull the trigger on it.

<font color="red"> Colorado +14 </font>
I'm not convinced this years Miami team is two toucdowns better than CU but I also have a rule about betting on games that Colorado is involved in. They seem to have a Jekyll
and Hyde syndrome that always costs me money.

<font color="red"> Notre Dame -13.5 </font>
Notre Dame has looked better against better competition, but is it two touchdowns better than Washington.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:01 PM

Default 1-1 going into the second half of the day

[ QUOTE ]
North Carolina St. -10.5
The UNC quarterback situation is fragile. Their starter is one back slap away from leaving the game and the backups are lacking any real playing experience. Even if Baker manages to complete this game I think UNC will be hampered trying to protect him.

[/ QUOTE ]
UNC 31
NC St 24

I felt good about this going into halftime. UNC was ahead with a blocked punt for a touchdown but Baker was 1-9 and the UNC offense was completely relying on there running game. Second half Baker was 12-14 and NC St. didn't have an answer on defense. Love to start the day in the hole.

[ QUOTE ]
Virginia Tech -10
Call this one my gut feeling pick. Just one of those feelings that Va Tech is going cover this one. Or maybe it was the Chili dog I just ate

[/ QUOTE ]
GT 7
VT 51

Gotta eat more Chili Dogs!!!