Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: HUSH under new moderation - input appreciated!

[ QUOTE ]
congrats and well deserved. post an update on your quest sometime.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

It's getting to the point where I don't know if it will get completed, because I'll have moved up to 15/30 full time before I finish the BB goal for 10/20...but I might spend a few extra thousand hands at 10/20 just to finish it off. I'll post an update at the beginning of November probably.

Surf
Old 10-24-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really care about not being a mod of HUSH because HUSH is in pretty good shape. I'm still bitter about not being one in ss when I posted there a lot. there was a point where pretty much every regular poster for 3+ months left except me and I think I (and a few others) pretty much held it together. now it's [censored]. I just basically feel it's a priviledge for those who spend a lot of time here, contribute a lot, and tedn to stay on topic more, which I think I do more/better than almost anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't figure out how in the world you weren't a mod in SS...I (like others) assumed you weren't interested for some reason.

Surf
Old 10-24-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

While we're on that topic, who did you have to sleep with to reach this lofty pinnacle?

[/ QUOTE ]

My name came up as a possible candidate in a thread awhile back when Rob first became mod and was asking for input... he had grown weary of the task and I opted to take up the responsibility in his place.

Surf
Old 10-24-2005, 09:52 PM

6 handed play is different from 3 handed, and 3 handed play is vastly different from 2 handed, therefore I think we need a third split just to focus on the intricacies of dedicated HU play.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we need a third split just to focus on the intricacies of dedicated HU play.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty ty ty.

I've said on several occasions that this really just a '6-max' forum and isn't really much of a 'heads-up' forum.

I would be very interested in more heads-up discussion...but I think it just would get lost in here.

Others stated that they didn't think there would be enough discussion about HU play to make a new forum worthwhile.

When I first saw a thread asking about 'splitting up HUSH' I thought it would be splitting up HU and SH...not Hi and Lo.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:43 PM

I personally have become more involved in HU play, and Schneids is the expert on it and he has stated he'd start posting regularly in MH-hush if/when it comes about. I think a dialogue of HU and SH would occur in such a setting, no?

Surf
Old 10-24-2005, 10:46 PM

Dont be silly, peoples play is mainly based on limits.

By the time people get to mid limits they have some idea of how to play 3 handed and HU.

Devoting a forum for it is a waste of time, so much of it is opponent dependant anyway so unless someone wants to make threads with 50 hands+ its really of no interest.

I dont see how anyone is going to be interested in your average Joes 50 hands of HU play anyway.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still bitter about not being one in ss when I posted there a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't be. You may not have a little "M" & your name in green, but you've got tons of respect & credibility.

To me, your thoughtful, articulate & mature (a rare commodity in SS) approach to posting commands far more respect than some silly color-coding. Its kinda Stellarwind-esque; the discourse rarely descends into petty name-calling or a HU-FREEZEOUT-challenge-punk! pissing match... That's pretty cool.

--oj.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your thoughtful, articulate & mature (a rare commodity in SS) approach to posting commands far more respect than some silly color-coding.

[/ QUOTE ]
I completely disagree. Let's go, heads up freezeout right now.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:06 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

dude, check your work-mail! I need a sensei, halfshell-hero! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]