Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is hotter
Tara Reid 22 22.22%
Britney Spears 77 77.78%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: vegas 3-6 through 8-16

Take what he said as your variance will be higher with bad players as that is the case -- you will randomly get sucked out on a bunch of times but, in the long term, I believe (and I'd assume most on this board do as well) that you will make more money from bad players vs. great players.

I mean, think about it, BAD players vs. GOOD players -- who is more likely to dump money to you in the longrun? Random TV Watching Wannabe or Quality Player X?

Obviously, I'd love to sit at a table with all of the games' greats, but I certainly like my chances a whole lot better against a bunch of newbies than against this games' elite.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 02-07-2005, 02:41 PM

It sounds like the dealer is one of those bad players he was describing.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2005, 09:45 PM

thanks for the replies everyone.Good to hear from all of you on this subject.I want to assure ITSMARTY that i am by no means a table coach and i never comment on how badly someone plays a hand because i am smart enough to know that there mistakes are the reason that good players win. The only reason i was upset was that when I hear someone telling a bunch of people something that is completely ridiculous and refuses to acknowledge that his view on the subject doesn't make sense, just fustrates me. I guess because he was the dealer he knew more than anyone there on the subject. I also asked him if he had ever heard of poker theory and he proceeded to tell me how Q-7 is a boss hand and he has proof.I don't know, i just felt like posting this as i found it quite interesting.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:57 PM

By the way itsmarty i do see youre point and if I am going to continue to play as much as i do I guess the more people going around talking nonsense the better.Ego's do play a huge role in poker and if this is how this guy feels because he loses then who am i to change his oppinion. POINT TAKEN Thx. jay
Old 02-08-2005, 10:33 PM

Funny. Very, very funny. The same logic would dictate that if the 8-16 at Bellagio, one of my personal favorites, was suddenly stocked with excellent players, my odds would go up. When he was saying this, was there a strong smell of glue around him?
Old 02-08-2005, 10:42 PM

1) Don't take poker advice from a dealer.

2) Do not have strategy discussions at the table.

3) Corollary to 2), For the love of all that is holy, DO NOT CORRECT ANYONE (especially dealers) giving bad advice at the tables.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the feedback guys. I was getting mad and starting to argue with this dealer. Then stopped and realized this guy was going to put me on tilt, so i said "ya youre right man" and just stopped tipping him [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. The things people say about things they dont understand are baffling.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you stopped tipping the dealer because he didn't agree with you? Are you tipping him to kiss your ass or to deal? His job is to keep the game moving. Did he do that?

SpaceAce
Old 02-09-2005, 02:29 AM

SSHE in vegas unbeatable

false
very beatable but large rake hurts profit

So the only two options here are "it's beatable" or "it's beatable but large rake hurts profit".

Good poll.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1) Don't take poker advice from a dealer.

2) Do not have strategy discussions at the table.

3) Corollary to 2), For the love of all that is holy, DO NOT CORRECT ANYONE (especially dealers) giving bad advice at the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]
4) Don't repeat crappy poker advice from ignorant dealer on a poker message board filled with people who know better (unless it's to identify and completely ridicule & torment said dealer [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).
Old 02-09-2005, 03:03 AM

There are reasons why this guy is a dealer. You now know one of them.