Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Maybe a better example

Good points. Yeah, if he is checking the turn he probably wasn't calling a bet anyway. So as a default do you bet or check/call rivers when that happens?

Incidentally, if you knew the other player was a thinking TAG on the A72 board, you know he'd almost always C/R a pair of decues, 7's, or another PP, but call with the A. So it seems that in that situation, checking the turn is correct, no?
Old 11-21-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, if he is checking the turn he probably wasn't calling a bet anyway. So as a default do you bet or check/call rivers when that happens?

[/ QUOTE ]
Against the opponent in hand one (the TAG) I bet. He's not value betting/bluffing the river often after having the turn checked through, but he might have hit a pair on the river and he'll call more hands than he'll bet so I go ahead and bet the river. I assume a pretty drawless board as (in both your examples he's not likely to be on a draw, he might think you are in hand 2 though). Otherwise my action depends on the board and of course also the rivercard, but most often I bet. EDIT: He's not paying off with K-high if he's a good tag, since in that case he would probably had bet the turn for a free sd instead.

[ QUOTE ]
Incidentally, if you knew the other player was a thinking TAG on the A72 board, you know he'd almost always C/R a pair of decues, 7's, or another PP, but call with the A. So it seems that in that situation, checking the turn is correct, no?

[/ QUOTE ]
C/r? He has position. Did you mean raise? Or did you mean we're the pfr with position?
Old 11-21-2005, 12:21 PM

No if we're OOP and he raises, then he bets, we call the flop, HE has to think that we'd C/r those hands and call with an A.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No if we're OOP and he raises, then he bets, we call the flop, HE has to think that we'd C/r those hands and call with an A.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I like the check. I think he'll bet all hands he'll pay off a bet with (my guess is he'll bet/fold even more hands than he'll pay off a bet with). Then we'll bet the river hoping he'll pay off with KK-88 as usual.