Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 04:58 AM

Default Dumping KK on a rag flop

These players are fairly new to the table, so no reads.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

CO ($484.65)
Button ($840.7)
SB ($372)
BB ($100)
Hero ($378)
MP ($416.8)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $40</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $40, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $24.

Flop: ($126) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $200</font>, Hero folds.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:08 AM

Default Re: Dumping KK on a rag flop

Looks like one of em has to have AA, good fold
Old 03-20-2005, 05:28 AM

I would put MP on AA or maybe KK,QQ and I would think the button has JJ-AA as well. It would help if you had a read though since I have seen some crazy sh!t when I have played. I wouldn't be shocked if MP had AQ and button had a pair of 4's. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If I was playing at your limit I would probably think my hand was no good but I would still have a lot of trouble letting it go. KK and QQ are the hardest hands for me to play well esp out of position.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:32 AM

I didnt notice it was shorthanded

In that case I think its about 45/45 that your kings are good, with another KK out there 10% of the time...

I probably lay down, but Im just saying that cause these limits are over my head
Old 03-20-2005, 07:06 AM

What do you do if Button smoothcalls the flop?
Old 03-20-2005, 09:32 AM

"I didnt notice it was shorthanded"

Yea I missed that too. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I´m not sure how this changes things though, where I play people are just very tight when it comes to reraising preflop and they often have JJ or better when they do, even shorthanded.
Since you are playing higher limits I would guess people are more agressive but I really wouldn't know what kind of hands they could have here. It would help if you had a read on what sort of hands your opponents would be reraising and cold calling with.

If I had to guess I would say you will have the best hand about 50% of the time so with the money in the pot I don't think you can fold.
Then again I might be way off since I don't play these limits.

If button had just called on the flop I might actually feel like it's more likely he has AA since he wouldn't want to scare anyone out. I don't think I would be able to fold if he just called though since he could just as easily have a smaller pair and want to see what you do before commiting to the hand.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:52 AM

I pay off. It's shorthanded. You have kings, doesn't look like anyone hit trips. If its aces its aces.

That being said, if the button is really tight I might fold. I say pay off assuming he is typical 6max moron.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:37 AM

I think most of the time you have the button crushed (worse overpair), so it comes down to your read on what MP could have. I think he has AK/QQ often enough that you have to play here, especially with the dead money from the button in the pot. But it also depends on how likely they are to call you with QQ/etc if you were to check-push right here. If they were to play you perfectly (call with AA or better, fold the rest) then you'd only get about 1:1 which sucks, but presumably at least the button is pot-committed. A better line might have been to bet the flop, but it's hard to really be certain with no reads.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:57 AM

Anyone else reraise preflop?
Old 03-20-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else reraise preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Given that the button cold calls the re-raise and it's shorthanded, I would rather re-raise then flat call.