Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Theres still tons of fishies on mid limit games

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing 15/30 today and was getting ripped, I mean literally, I think I had KKs like 4 times and 3 times it lost to a fish who called 2 or 3 bets with a hand like Q5s(45o too!). I remember this guy who made it 3bets to me with a Q5s against my KK and he flopped a flush. For some reason all the loose aggressive players seem to hit flush or 2pair on the river since they call too much. How can players who play on mid limit still make mistakes like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

The players in the 15/30 are simply too bad and loose for a good player to stand a chance against them. You should move up to the tougher games where your skills can shine through. Alternatively, if you're going to stay in the 15/30 you should try to get your VPIP between 50% and 60% in order to give yourself the opportunity to get just as lucky as your opposition.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:18 PM

You're right, there are a lot of fish at 15/30.

Seriously though, how do you beat a calling station? I mean if you know he's gonna call with as little as ace high, how do you beat that?
Old 09-10-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just had to post this cause it's so funny. I was playing 15/30 today and was getting ripped, I mean literally, I think I had KKs like 4 times and 3 times it lost to a fish

[/ QUOTE ]

You actually expect us to believe you lost with POCKET
KINGS!?!
Old 09-10-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call with deuce pair on all overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow all overcards huh? I hate it when that happens to my deuce pairs
Old 09-10-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just had to post this cause it's so funny. I was playing 15/30 today and was getting ripped, I mean literally, I think I had KKs like 4 times and 3 times it lost to a fish who called 2 or 3 bets with a hand like Q5s(45o too!). I remember this guy who made it 3bets to me with a Q5s against my KK and he flopped a flush. For some reason all the loose aggressive players seem to hit flush or 2pair on the river since they call too much. How can players who play on mid limit still make mistakes like this. I checked his WTSD% and it was over 45%, something like 50% actually. Is this too high? I'm guessing 35% should be about right. Also with players who see the river this much should we play tighter alot more and do more traps against them? Just curious what's the best way to attack someone who sees the river this much.

Another funny thing I forgot to add. I raise ATo from the CO and he makes it 3bets to me with a Q2s on the SB, so I call. The flop came something like 7K2r, I check and he bets with his Q2, I check raise. On the turn it came 3, I check again hoping he folds a hand that I can beat. He bets and I check raise him again, he calls. River was a 6, I bet first and he actually called. I thought my play was very strong, I would definitely have made someone folded their duece if he knew what he was doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep bluffing the calling stations. Sounds like he's not the only one who doesn't know what he's doing.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"hi

this is not the place for you.

mike l."

It's not that I'm weak, my stats are solid I'm pretty sure of that. Seriously, how do you beat a fish who plays tons of hands and hits 2 pair or runner runner while holding a big pair. It's almost impossible to make the guy fold specially when you can't hit a single flop. Like what I said before, he'll call with deuce pair on all overcards. Funny, I was looking at how he played today and guess what, his $2000 roll is now back to 0, sucks that he had to hit everything while playing with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just reading this post tells us you aren't any good. so, stfu
Old 09-11-2005, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You actually expect us to believe you lost with POCKET
KINGS!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, a truly advanced player like Phil Hellmuth would have folded them and saved some money.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:06 AM

How the F are u gonna bluff out a calling station when he's willing to call you down with as little as a pair of dueces on all overcards or an A high. Think about it, if you don't hit and the player your against is hitting most of the time how are you going to bluff him out. This guy post a smart ass comment and didn't even know what he was talking about.

I think in this situation you have to play as loose as your opponent on the flop when your headsup with him. I notice these players then to see the showdown alot, if you keep playing real tight on the flops then theres no way to out flop him unless your hitting top pair all the time. Instead of betting a hand that has 25% of winning, check instead so you can induce them to bluff. If the person is willing to showdown an A on the river then any 2nd or 3rd pair is usually good to call.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:07 AM

Just reading this reply tells us you aren't any good at all! so, stfu
Old 09-11-2005, 08:09 AM

Hmmm..something funny about that? My AQ lost to a 45o after he called 3bets with nothing!