Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 11:13 PM

Default So you\'ve developed a tight table image!!

Went somewhat card dead tonight, and because of this, got an uber tight table image. The question, my friends, is what do you do with it. Should I be bluffing more? My usual image is a bully and i rarely slow down, but tonight I just couldn't get in a situation to be my usual agressive self for some reason.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: So you\'ve developed a tight table image!!

I'm a little more prone to raise the flop & bet the turn with UI overcards if I have a really tight table image. I'm also more apt to openraise with some borderline hands from MP or even EP (things like QJs, 77, KJo, etc). And I'm much more likely to do something like c/r the flop with little or nothing when I'm HU vs. a blind stealer. But that's about it--mainly, I want to pick & choose my spots carefully so I can maintain that image as long as possible.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:41 PM

I am in this situation often because I am a tight player to begin with [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

I have learned to keep track of the 'thinking' players at the table. I know they are paying attention and maybe even have PT.
(If I suspect a player has PT I just put a PT at the beginning of the notes.)
Anyhow, if you don't force it too much you can really take advantage with well timed aggressive play/bluffing.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:14 AM

Do you really think the fish notice your image? On occasion one will call me out for not playing a hand but on the whole I really don't think most of them pay enough attention or really keep track at all. And when you do go in I don't know how much they will make of it even if they don't think you play as many hands.

I steal and semi steal all over the place with medium hands in SS. My hand range for raising is enormous from mp2 on.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:25 AM

The only image people see at SS is if someone is a maniac or not.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:54 AM

I'd say 50% of SS players pick up when someone isn't playing much. The reason I knew my image was tight was that I wasn't getting any action past the turn on most my tables (which weren't unprofitable tables btw)
Old 09-28-2005, 06:31 AM

I love when I get this image in a live game but online I think there is really nothing you can do to use it your advantage... I guess mayb I would change a 3 bet of an aqo into a fold but If I had Pt and saw your stats I would fold anyway
Old 09-28-2005, 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(If I suspect a player has PT I just put a PT at the beginning of the notes.)

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think the tell tell signs are?
Old 09-28-2005, 07:22 AM

If yo have a tight image and think others see it = no big deal. Just loosen up a tad and take advantage of it. OR - move.

It happens to everybody and is NORMALLY not you. It's the table as a whole. If one guy leaves and a fish shows up the entire table can change in 5 hands. All of a sudden everybody gets loose.

Sometimes when a table gets real tight I just get a little maniacish and the table will all lighten up and get looser.

It's a lemming thing - tightness breeds tightness and loosy goosy breeds loosness.

If everyone respects you raises raise with crap a few times!