Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Interesting hand with KQo

If you look at first it may seem like I was really donking this hand up. But in reality I think I played it well, but there are a few things that could be disputed over.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (13 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero Raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

First, is the pf raise. Some might argue that I should just call but I like to raise and since 5/10 is so loose-passive I think a raise is better.

Second, is calling 2 cold on the flop. I'm pretty sure that calling 2 cold here is not right due to the fact there is a flush draw out there, but I'm not sure. Anyway, after calling 2 cold on the flop I have to call the cap, right?

So on the river I just call going for the overcall (because I'm not sure if UTG has a set or not). But then out of nowhere BB raises and UTG flat calls. I know then that he doesn't have a set and if BB had a boat he would have raised the turn, soooooooooooooo I figure I can safely 3-bet the river knowing my straight is good. Man am I tricky or what?
Old 10-05-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Interesting hand with KQo

so did you chop with bb?
Old 10-05-2005, 04:13 PM

I dont call-reraise the river.

Granted, your str8 may very well be good here, unless villain holds AT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and was holding back on raising the turn for fear the other guy had JT. Or the villain held AA but didnt cap it preflop.

However, I usually can't think through a hand fast enough to make the decision to reraise it here, and so, since I dont hold the nuts and the villain's river raise is very unexpected, I tend to just call.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:15 PM

3-betting that river is donktastic
Old 10-05-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First, is the pf raise. Some might argue that I should just call

[/ QUOTE ]

I would raise QJo against most lineups, KJo for sure.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that calling 2 cold here is not right due to the fact there is a flush draw out there

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 6 outs to the stone cold nuts getting 8:1 immediate with a likely 2 more calls. That's plenty of overlay. Of course having to call 2 more was unfortunate but automatic.

Turn, yuck, but too late to fold now. I really like your thinking on the river.

Lost Wages
Old 10-05-2005, 04:21 PM

I would 3-bet the flop, if you can get SB to fold AK, that's a coup.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:26 PM

I don't have a problem with any of it til the river. Given your analysis, I like the play. However, in the given amount of time the hand is actually played out, I don't think I would be able to raise would simply call down.

Donktastic? I'm going to say no.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so did you chop with bb?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope. they both had Q9o. weird, eh?
Old 10-05-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

River: (16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero Raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I flat out don't believe that the river action happened the way you stated it happened. The 'R' is capital and that is not the output from bisonbison's converter and the final pot size is wrong as if it was checked through.

So, like, nice try, or something.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:24 PM

a coup that will never happen.