Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Absolute putting forth the effort

You might want to go and get Ad-aware and Spybot if you don't already have them. It sounds like you might have a bunch of spyware running. When idle, my system usually has ~35 process running.

Do check you CPU utilization while playing on AP. Also, in task manager on the same tab that shows CPU and RAM usage, there is a box that says "Commit Charge (K)". This shows just how much of your memory (regular and virtual) is being used. Total is what is being used right now, limit is the absolute max that can be accessed including your virtual memory file, and peak is the highest that total has been since last reboot. This is another good place to look.

One last thing, when your system is running slow like that, look at you hard drive light and see if you are getting a lot of disk activity.

WiteKnite
Old 05-18-2005, 01:24 PM

yea i think it might be your computer because it is definitely less laggy for me
Old 05-18-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: I want to like them but

This is what I received.

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for your email.

I am sorry but as much as I would like you to participate in one of the generous offers that some of the affiliates have you can’t because you did not register properly through them and your account sign up was not tagged as an affiliate referral.

You may still participate in any of the generous promotions we have available to al of our players.

http://www.absolutepoker.com/promoti...ewsletters.asp
Regards!

John Ethan

1.866.788.3005 (US toll free) Ext 2020

“Continuing to be the best and most trusted”

[/ QUOTE ]

The original automated reply was from this address <support@absolutepoker

I use IE and I clear my history, files, and cookies twice just to be sure before clicking affiliate links. I have done this 4 times, and it worked 3 times. My case is not isolated. Obviously there is a problem with the AP software not treating the affiliate links properly, but their SOP appears to be to blame the customer.

As far as the computer slowing issue. I can run 3 tables at AP and 3 other sites at once with no trouble, but I have a pretty good computer with 1 gig of dual channel RAM. So it is possible to run the site well, it may just have a high resource requirement.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:17 PM

i'm not sure if its for everyone else..but i'm not witnessing any lag that i used to....(i went through lag with 1gig ram)..and now..nothing...only problem is the uglyness graphics and the flipbook card deal
Old 05-18-2005, 08:23 PM

Their new store is an interesting touch. As they have discovered, however, their points for purchasing things is extremely diluted because in the past you got points for deposits. However, now it is so hard to earn points that many things are very difficult to obtain, but if they were lower, one person with 100000 points could clean them out of Seif bobbleheads [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Not sure how to resolve that....but wish I had made a few more deposits to get to 25k.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as the computer slowing issue. I can run 3 tables at AP and 3 other sites at once with no trouble, but I have a pretty good computer with 1 gig of dual channel RAM. So it is possible to run the site well, it may just have a high resource requirement.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOTE the ONE GIG of RAM and AP works - resource HOG.

If you deal with Tech support you get nada. It's like dealing with Party support.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:23 PM

Now if you could get them to drop the rake a bit. Could you also ask Brett if the games are on the up and up? I just got Q10 suited on 2 differant tables.

Thanks,
Steve

BTW Bob your CPU speed and RAM?
Old 05-20-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How much RAM do you have?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea. I'm not kidding.

Does this give you an idea of what I mean when I say "I'm a computer-moron"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice you and my old man should hook up!
Old 05-20-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5. Allow for 4 tables instead of 3.

6. Save hand histories to the hard drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The first suggestion is good the second suggestion is horrible. Why allow those with sofware programs an unfair advantage over those who don't have these programs? [It's not an unfair advantage to me, because I don't need these silly crutches--but it is unfair to the masses.]

Just let everyone play poker using their observational skills instead of running tracking programs that most of the recreational (and many of the professional) players don't bother with--or even know about.

If this keeps some people away so what? If the action is good and the software top notch these players who need silly crutches will come over and play anyway--they just won't have their unfair software programs to cheat with.

You can PM me Absolute if you wish. I have many suggestions that I think would be benificial to your site. I'll help you free of charge.

Had Games Grid listened to my suggestions they might have 25 or 30 tables going right now instead of the paltry two or three I'm currently viewing.

PS By the way, you will see me viciously attacked for suggesting that Poker Tracker and other tracking programs be disallowed. Be that as it may, I am right and the attackers are wrong. I'm sure intelligent poker room operators (and players) can see why.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why allow those with sofware programs an unfair advantage over those who don't have these programs? [It's not an unfair advantage to me, because I don't need these silly crutches--but it is unfair to the masses.]

Just let everyone play poker using their observational skills instead of running tracking programs that most of the recreational (and many of the professional) players don't bother with--or even know about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you bothered to post this twice, it should be pointed that not all players that like having the hand histories do it for PV, GT+. Some players actually like to be able to go back and evaluate their play. Do you see why? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Regardless, I have a question about Absolute cashout times and couldn't find anything when I did a search. How long does it typically take a cashout to get processed into my Neteller account (in other words, if I cashed out last night will I have access to the funds in time for the Party reload)? Thanks.