Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 01:49 AM

Default Empire crackdown: unrecognized winners and losers

There has been much speculation about what Empire is doing and why. The consensus seems to be that Empire is booting bonus abusers in order to become more profitable. There are also dark rumblings that Party is somehow behind this.

It occurred to me that everyone has overlooked a major beneficiary and a major victim of Empire's housecleaning.

Winner: The Empire affiliate network. Everytime a bonus whore strike Empire some affiliate loses money. I'm sure this is a source of major unhappiness for many affiliates, especially the ones that don't do rakeback. This cleanup should strengthen Empire's affiliate network as they prepare for the coming market share wars.

Loser: Party Poker. Surprised? Don't be. Most of the Empire whores do not play their Party accounts when Empire doesn't have a bonus on. Some have rakeback at another skin, some chase bonuses off the Party network, and some don't play poker at all between bonuses. But when whores hit Empire, Party gets paid a share of the rake even though Empire is losing money. The Party network also gets all the intangibles that greater traffic brings without having to pay for it.

I seriously doubt that IGM is "making" Empire do this.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Empire crackdown: unrecognized winners and losers

It's still possible that IGM "made" Empire to do this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Just remember how Party removed reports on rake data for their own affiliates. They did it to stop people leaving Party to get rakeback at skins. Is there any sanity and connection between this goal and this decision? LOL
So since then it started to look to me that people at IGM have no clue what they are doing because they do things anti-profitable to them.
From their current disordered self-harmful activity I suspect that they may even implement a restriction to have only 1 account between skins and this will force multitablers to run Stars or Paradise together with Party to play 8-12 tables. Who will gain from this? Not Party network.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:00 PM

I still have the feeling Party is going to buy Empire before the IPO. This is just housecleaning before the takeover and a test ballon for how much the skins that get away with publicity-wise.

And I also believe the Illuminati is behind Party to start with.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:24 PM

Why not consolidate Multi, etc. first? I would see Coral/Euro being the biggest problem because buying them out will be the most difficult.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:31 PM

Stellar's intellect is spoiling us, he should be solving some world crisis or making millions