Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 02:09 PM

Default (6max nl100) bluff river?

i don't remember much about villain, but i had been openning a lot of pots and usually cbetting. comments on all streets.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

MP ($71.20)
Hero ($93.80)
SB ($115.78)
BB ($168.15)
UTG ($56.55)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $4, MP folds.

Flop: ($11.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, BB calls $7.

Turn: ($25.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $32</font>, BB calls $22.

River: ($89.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, hero?
Old 11-30-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Re: (6max nl100) bluff river?

Hey SChwaza,

As requested, comments on all streets:
PREFLOP

While I too open with a wide range of hands, I think that (1) dont do it with 69s (2) if you do be willing to give it up after a flop bet-call.

FLOP:
Fine...your whole point was to steal preflop or on the flop.

TURN:
I am done with this hand. I cannot think of a single hand that you beat or could blow him off that he called that flop with.

I figure him for either a weak A or maybe a Q.

When he does call the turn...

RIVER:
There is no way I am betting this river. Villain has a weak A too many times, or a Q that he will call you down with after seeing you open so many times.

To blow him off a Q, youd have to bet real big. But, the thing is...if he has an A, your toast. If he has a Q I think he may call as he has obviously pegged you for NOT haveing an A. Even more likley you dont have the A with one falling on the river.

Ya dig?

jw
Old 11-30-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TURN:
I am done with this hand. I cannot think of a single hand that you beat or could blow him off that he called that flop with.

I figure him for either a weak A or maybe a Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

first, you just listed two hands i might blow him off. and i have an oesd now, so i'm not folding.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:45 PM

I hate the turn raise. Your hand is well consealed and it is unlikely that villain is folding the turn. Call and try to get it all-in on the river when you make your hand.

Edit: You only have about $50 left correct? That's like 1/2 the pot, so I expect any A and some Q's to call. I think you should just give up on the river.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3.5:1 with an OESD? It seems like we can make a big bet on the river when we hit often enough to justify a call here.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the turn raise. Your hand is well consealed and it is unlikely that villain is folding the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought there was a decent chance he'd fold a Q there, or maybe a weak A. i think i have a fairly convincing big A after that action.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:58 PM

Preflop is kind of pushing the envelope. Flop CB OK sure. Call the turn though. Or you can make an arguement for pushing the turn. But your "value bet" is too easy for him to call as he has shown too much interest in the hand. As played, give it up on the river.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:07 PM

you should have a better sense of how much fold equity you have than any of us.

I will say that the A on the river hurts your fold equity.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I will say that the A on the river hurts your fold equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what i decided. i checked behind and he had QT. no idea if he would have folded it.

i should've mentioned this is in the op, but the limper was crappy and liked limping garbarge hands and then either folding to my pfr or check-folding his misses on the flop. i would probably not raise an unknown there.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:18 PM

fold preflop

as it played, give up after the flop