Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-25-2005, 12:11 PM

Default vaporizer high

how is it different from a smoke-based high?
from a food (i.e. brownie)-based high?
any other ways to use marijuana to get high?
which do you prefer?
Old 09-25-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: vaporizer high

this obviously depends on the quality of your vaporizer. I have "the Valcano" which is the best and most expensive one available.

1) The high is better! You don't burnout as much and your body does not feel as drained. You, also, simply just get more high. According to studies, this vaporizer releases the psychoactive ingredients at three times the efficiency of a smoked joint. This seems about right to me.

2) Brownies take a while to kick in and can last for long periods of time. Brownies are also more likely to cause hallucinations and sometimes mild head-aches and nausea. The vaporizer high differs from these characteristics and actually relates more to a smoked joint, but you still get really high in a way that is very similar to brownies.

3) There are tons of ways to use marijuana to get high. There a pills called marinol. There are also many neat types of bongs (e.g. gravity/bucket bong)

4) I love my vaporizer and the added health benefits make it a huge favorite over all other smoking methods. I still like having a joint here and there, but i'm mostly done with smoking bongs. Brownies don't excite me too much anymore.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:57 PM

a vaporizer? how is this done?
Old 09-25-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brownies take a while to kick in and can last for long periods of time. Brownies are also more likely to cause hallucinations and sometimes mild head-aches and nausea.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uch, I hate the brownie high so much. Whenever I've had pot brownies I get super nauseous.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a vaporizer? how is this done?

[/ QUOTE ]
"
Why Cannabis Vaporization?

Vaporization is a technique for avoiding irritating respiratory toxins in marijuana smoke by heating cannabis to a temperature where the psychoactive ingredients evaporate without causing combustion.

Laboratory studies by California NRML and MAPS have found that vaporizers can efficiently deliver cannabinoids while eliminating or drastically reducing other smoke toxins."

Different vaporizers have different methods of doing this, but from my experience, only the high-end ones can release the psycoactive igredients with any success/efficiency. In short, 230degrees is the point of combustion and the vaporizer only heats the weed between 180-225degrees which is hot enough to release the lighter chemicals without ever reaching the point of combustion, thereby avoiding any of the harmful heavy/combusted chemicals. The smoke containing only light chemicals is then released into a bag. The bag is then attached to a mouth piece which has push valve for you to inhale.

Old 09-25-2005, 04:28 PM

it also has to do with the fact that pot has many chemicals that get you "high", vaporizers and other etc items don't usually get you high on thc, but on one of the other chems.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it also has to do with the fact that pot has many chemicals that get you "high", vaporizers and other etc items don't usually get you high on thc, but on one of the other chems.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:42 PM

You are very wrong.

Burning weed is burning THC, ie, wasteful. You release THC just behind the actual flame.

Home vaporizers work almost as well as expensive kits, you just have to realize some very basic goals.

The "high" is identical, more or less.

Pot makes you stupid.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are very wrong.

Burning weed is burning THC, ie, wasteful. You release THC just behind the actual flame.

Home vaporizers work almost as well as expensive kits, you just have to realize some very basic goals.

Pot makes you stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe doh. well i won't argue further until i've gathered some evidence, but being as they're confident and i'm not, go with them OP.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i've probably taken 200-250 hits from a vapor bros vaporizer and can tell you that it isn't the same, whether or not the chemicals are different. it makes you more hyper (i think).