Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 10:41 AM

Default One Year Anniversary - 400th Post... (I made it)

Column as I seem 'em (a year at 2+2):

* This is a big day for me at Two Plus Two. Not only have I become an "Addict" I'm celebrating my one year anniversary here as well. It would be very easy to make light of it but playing poker every day for one year is more daunting than I imagined. For those that do this as a profession my hat is off to you for your perseverance, hard work and dedication.

* I think I speak on behalf of a lot of the married guys, that live on the east coast, when I say we're a little envious of the road trips and debauchery that goes on around here. Drinking, poker, Vegas - damn, if only I had found this site 2 years ago.

* I've learned to live with downswings in STTs. Variance hurts but makes sense to me now. However, suffering a bad loss late in a MTT is still devastating to me. It's kind of like the difference between a blonde and a brunette. A hot blonde will make you break your neck to look at for a minute but a sexxxy brunette will make you stare for hours.
Yeah, I'm not really sure what that means either.

* 4364 posts "carpal/'tunnel" status, registered 10/27/05 How on earth do some of you cats accumulate so many posts? I'm not sure what to respect more 'total posts' or 'date reg'd'

* Speaking of respected posters, there are so many players I look forward to reading on a daily basis. However, if I was to list one response that helped me in the first few months it was from Lorinda. I had learned all this valuable information (stop and go, reverse implied odds, dark tunnel bets, squeeze play, etc etc) Yet I posted better results when I first started and knew none of this. Lori said something real simple, along the lines of "you know just enough to be dangerous" That made sense to me.

* I've accomplished some of my goals this year and have set a few for 2006. They're certainly not extraordinary but I'd like to win another MTT and somehow qualify for the Main Event (for the experience.) Hopefully I'll be able to share these successes with you.

* Two plus two is easily the biggest influence on my poker game. You've assisted me with strategies and probabilities, you've helped me cope with bad beats and losing streaks, allowed me to see in to the minds of some truly great poker players (including Fossilman) and provided me w/ humor and entertainment. Thank you very much!
Old 12-13-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Re: One Year Anniversary - 400th Post... (I made it)

Dude, just barely more than 1 post/day? Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
* 4364 posts "carpal/'tunnel" status, registered 10/27/05 How on earth do some of you cats accumulate so many posts? I'm not sure what to respect more 'total posts' or 'date reg'd'

[/ QUOTE ]

Date reg'd pwns. That is all.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:01 AM

You think thats lame...check me out

Edit - plus this is my 2nd nick here....I registered the first one hmmmm...in 1999 I think. I think there was 2 forums then, small stakes and high stakes. I think the Zoo (not that it got called that for some time) turned up sometime around then
Old 12-13-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, just barely more than 1 post/day? Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your post: lame. Why don't moderators set a better example and not make such useless posts?
Old 12-13-2005, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your post: lame...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said, thank you.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit - plus this is my 2nd nick here....I registered the first one hmmmm...in 1999 I think. I think there was 2 forums then, small stakes and high stakes. I think the Zoo (not that it got called that for some time) turned up sometime around then

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't post too much either. I would hate to be mistaken for a moderator so I am minimising the chances of that happening.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't post too much either. I would hate to be mistaken for a moderator so I am minimising the chances of that happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quality not quantity right?