Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Internet Card Generator

I hope I got the right forum...

How does the card generator work. Does a different card come if you make a quick call opposed to waiting 10 seconds for instance? Or is the river card for instance determined when the hand starts.

May be a dumb thread but I'm curious if anyone knows...
Old 11-26-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Internet Card Generator

An ace is just as likely to come whether you wait 2s or 2.4s to make your decision so it doesn't matter that they do this.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:14 PM

Do they burn a card also?
Old 11-26-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope I got the right forum...

How does the card generator work. Does a different card come if you make a quick call opposed to waiting 10 seconds for instance? Or is the river card for instance determined when the hand starts.

May be a dumb thread but I'm curious if anyone knows...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it depends on when you click the button, same as a VP machine. It doesn't matter, though, since you can't predict what card is going to come when.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:05 AM

The general belief is that each major site is somewhat different in their method, but equal in the outcome. The outcome being that any unused card has an equal probability of being dealt next and zero predictability.

Some sites continue to "shuffle" during betting rounds. Others appear to work off a set deck ordering (like live play) which is chosen from any one of 52-factorial possibilities through the RNG and Shuffling Algorithm.

In the case of the sites where the deck is "shuffled" during play, you could psyche yourself out by thinking that your 2 sec call made your draw miss but just *MAYBE* your 2.00001 sec call would've given you the nuts.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Some sites continue to "shuffle" during betting rounds. Others appear to work off a set deck ordering (like live play) which is chosen from any one of 52-factorial possibilities through the RNG and Shuffling Algorithm.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's always dangerous to use absolutes so I could be wrong, But I believe that virtually ALL card-related programs work like this: The deck is kept in some kind of order and the total number of cards remaining is tracked. When a card is needed, the RNG spits out a number which is multiplied by the number of cards remaining, and that number card is shown as dealt.

Thus, there is really no "shuffling" as we know it, and the next card or remaining card order is not known - cannot be known - until the card is actually requested.