Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Atlantic City vs. Other Cities......

I'd actually be interested in the answer to this also.

Jeff
Old 12-21-2005, 08:48 PM

It seems like every once in a while about AC crops up and there are those who are continually on the bandwagon of negativity.

I've been in AC now for nearly 7 years. I think its the best place for me at this point in my life. I'm located on the Boardwalk...

Ahh Beach, Fresh Air and chicks - Unfortunately its a couple of days from Xmas.

No biggie!

For you guys who planned to make big bucks sitting in Tha Taj, Borgeta and Trop and the getting frustrated and walking outside and blaming the City because its not your liking - Well a deserted island with a satellite internet connection might help you break the monotony if also have to masterbate yourself to sleep.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Living in Las Vegas........

When they say "no personal income tax in Las Vegas", how literally do they mean that? Do you really keep all your winnings from poker rooms?

And what if you are living there but haven't established a legal residency in the city yet?

Lastly, is there a good incentive to living near the strip or would you rather live away in Summerlin or the Valley?

Thank you for all your info.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where in Vegas are you at? I was looking at Henderson and the area near UNLV and the Airforce base? I know I know I used search and nothing came up mistly Live at the bike threads

[/ QUOTE ]

Henderson is pretty nice, but a little more expensive and traffic can be quite bad on the highway into vegas (15/215). There are back ways to the city from there but they suck because you have to go around the airport. You don't want to live near UNLV or the airbase if you are trying to stay in a nice place.

Are you looking to rent or buy? If you are buying...condo or house, and if you are renting...house or apt?

Also it depends on how far from the strip you want to be. But if you want to be close to the strip, you want to stay to the west side for sure, and more towards the southern end.

If anyone has more specific questions feel free to PM me because I just went through finding a place in Vegas, it worked out great for me so far but it was quite an adventure.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Living in Las Vegas........

[ QUOTE ]
When they say "no personal income tax in Las Vegas", how literally do they mean that? Do you really keep all your winnings from poker rooms?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no state or local taxes, of course you still have to pay the federal portion along with social security etc if you report as a professional. It is a significant advantage though, for example I used to live in Philly, 10% state and 5% local was tax on top of the federal portion.

You briefly mentioned a short BR. If you are a short roll you really may need to reconsider the whole thing. I had 24 months of expenses saved before I went pro, I currently have 19 due to moving and a rough couple months. Please read all the advice on the forum on that topic and the magazine articles. Consider living with family (if possible) to save some cash.

-Bishop