Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Swatting up: Advice needed.....

I play MTT's and purchased the HOH books (i already have TOP, TPFAP etc) a while back. After reading both books I had a good run of final tables and a couple of wins. However that was nearly 6 months ago. Recently I've been on a long losing run, and so far lost 1/4 of my bankroll.

So my question is how often do you reread your books ? i feel i need to right now, as I seem to be losing my way. Also how many times have you read them ?

If you don't reread them, what other souces of info are there plus how do you keep yourself in check with regards to not going on tilt, or going on tilt and recognising it ?
Old 12-06-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Swatting up: Advice needed.....

I've probably read both HOH volumes 3 times thru by now, TOP twice and TPFAP twice. Other books that I've read haven't had as much influence so I haven't re-read them but could probably stand to in some cases. This is within about an 8 month period. Every subsequent time rereading a book I've found that I absorbed the material a lot more. If you have been considering it, take a little time and do it. I feel it had great value for me and would recommend it to anyone else that is a serious "learning" player.