Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Turn decision AQ?

1/2 on Party. Can't get the hand converter to work, but there isn't that much to type anyhow. Table is pretty tight for 1/2, both villains just sat down. (7 players)

Hero is on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Preflop- UTG calls, 2 folds, CO calls, Hero raises, SB calls, BB folds, limpers call.

Flop (4 players)- Flop comes 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets, UTG raises, MP1 folds, Hero 3-bets (?), SB caps, all call.

Turn (3 players)- Turn is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets, UTG raises, hero ???
Old 07-18-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Turn decision AQ?

I smell a set out there.....
Old 07-18-2005, 11:39 PM

I would call the flop and fold the turn unimproved.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:44 PM

you could put one of them on AA but not both but it's also possible you're against KK and QQ and you have top pair. it feels like a set but it also plays like a big PP and the only one you are behind is AA or AK (unless you think they would play A9 this way...).

PS i'm fairly new so please feel free to tear this up...
Why not raise the flop see if its capped or if you get bet into again on the turn (and see if you improve).
Old 07-18-2005, 11:56 PM

Preflop: Definite raise

Flop: I think the 3 bet here is ok and helps define you hand more saving you a bet on the...

Turn: fold unimproved (most likely facing A3, A9, 99, 33) unless you pick up the flush draw without pairing the board
Old 07-19-2005, 01:28 AM

Flop 3-bet is good. You might still be best here, but they'll let you know if you're not (which they did when SB capped it).

The turn is a fold. These people really like their hands, and your meager 1 pair doesn't belong in this pot, unless they are certified maniacs and do this on a regular basis. You are getting 12:1 for a call here, but it's probably going to get raised behind you, so you're getting worse than this.

Normally your 2 pair draw would be worth 5 outs which would make this a call, but there's a possibility you're up against a set. If that's the case, you are drawing dead. You certainly don't have 5 outs here especially against 2 people.

The pot is big, but you are rooted and it's going to be very expensive for you to see just how rooted you are. You can fold the turn with confidence.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:35 AM

I like folding this turn. The pf raise is mandatory and I would 3-bet the flop also. They surely can beat your hand. You have presented an ace, first by raising pf and 3-betting the flop. So, if they know you have an ace, what are they betting so strongly??

A9 maybe, then you have 3 outs. A3, a couple of more outs. A set, you are drawing slim. So on average, I don't think you have that many outs --> fold.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:08 AM

One thing to consider on this turn is how many bets to see a showdown you may have to pay.

If you could go all-in at this point, its a call, however we may end up paying as many as 6BB to see a showdown. This hampers how many times we have to be good thus its a fold.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:42 AM

Thanks everyone. My reasoning was about the same as y'all. I did fold the turn and watched the two players split the pot with AJo. I was pretty sure folding was the right call there, but I was being results oriented [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].