Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Early hand in Stud8 tourney

20 entrants, top 3 are paid, none are eliminated

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High-Low - Level III (50/100), Ante 10, Bring-In 15 (hand converter)

Seat 1: 1,400
Seat 3: 2,004
Seat 5: 1,630
Seat 6: 923
Seat 7: 1,038
Hero: 1,707

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (2.10 SB)

Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

5th Street - (1.05 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

Bet here if Seat 5 isn't showing 3 to a better low? Bet anyway?

6th Street - (1.05 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___??????

Results to follow
Old 05-05-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: Early hand in Stud8 tourney

Well, to this point I think you've played it right. I can't see betting fifth. On sixth, you might well be winning on the low side, but the caller does have four cards to a hand that beats you showing. There are three Fives left in the deck which should give you a sweep, and three Aces which should give you half. The pot is tiny, though. I say fold and note well what these jokers show down.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:15 AM

There's a small chance that a 7 pair of 7s or Ts will be good too... though perhaps that's too optimistic?
Old 05-05-2005, 02:33 AM

I'd say that chance is very small, and it certainly isn't enough to get me to call in this small of a pot.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:45 PM

Results:
I think what made this hand (somewhat) interesting were the results. I was just surprised that my low was good. Although Seat 7 was drawing to a better 7-low.
Seat 5 was playing a lot of inferior hands and sucked out on me twice with garbage.

6th Street

Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

I folded here because of the small pot and I'm only good for half of it at best.

River

Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___calls

Results:

Seat 5: shows [Jc 6h 2d 3s 6d 6s As] (HI: three of a kind, Sixes)
Seat 7: shows [7d Ac 5c 2h 7h Ah 5s] (HI: two pair, Aces and Sevens)
Seat 5: collected 505 from pot
No low hand qualified