Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-29-2005, 01:54 PM

Default HU Thoughts...(No Content)

Been playing some HU lately, started tinging with the stars nano's. I'm just wondering if I'm heading towards a cliff with it though.

Esstentially, my stragey is to come out of the SB with tons of raising and lots of raising on the flop, if I can read my oppenet to be passive, when im donking the flop and he re-raises I typically fold, pretty standard. However, when my oppenet becomes a calling station pre-flop, i.e calls everything should I contuine my assult from the SB?, I raped a guy out of his last $20 apparently has he berated me for being too aggressive, which got me to thinking that I should get some HU from you guys here.

I like to think I adjust, if the guy is ultra aggressive I allow him to bet for me etc, if the guy is passive i wear the bet icon out.

oversimplified, but thats mainly what i've been doing.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: HU Thoughts...(No Content)

Sounds right to me. If I remember right you can profitably raise from the SB and bet the flop if the BB is folding more than 50% of his hands. On the turn when the bet doubles is where the profitability of just being blindly aggressive and auto betting decreases.

I'm at work so I'll let someone tell me I'm wrong or do the math. I'm just going from memory from a Skalansky book on HU play.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: HU Thoughts...(No Content)

lots of my own HU strategy revolves around a couple of considerations

1)position.

-I'm more likely to bet or raise when in position, and check or fold when out of position

2)opponent chronic mistakes

-if he bluffs too much, I call more
-if he gives too many free cards, I check more
-if he calls too much, I value bet more and bluff less
-if he folds too much, I bluff and raise more (I'll also checkraise draws more when oop)
-if he raises too much, bet/threebet more for value, and check/call when drawing.
-if he doesn't raise enough, I bet for value on the turn and river more

Generally, I like checkraising draws and made hands when oop on the flop.

I'll tend to check through some flops so that I can raise the turn with draws and made hands.

I steal aggressively from the sb, and defend carefully from the bb. position matters a lot.

if a guy is chronicly threebetting my sb steals, I'll limp/reraise for value more.

etc etc.

always read the board, and consider metagame when headsup.