Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-29-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Home network, 2 PC\'s, 2 people playing on same site, Problem???

I got my wife a laptop for Christmas and she actually asked if she would be able to play poker on it while I was playing at the same time. Does anyone know if there would be any problems from Stars or Party if she sets up her own accounts and plays on a different PC than me at the same time on our home network. Home network is a DSL line and a netgear wireless router/switch/firewall.

Also, can I just use my Neteller account to fund her poker accounts? Would be far simpler than her needing to set up her own separate Neteller account but I wonder if this would raise any flags with the sites or prevent her from getting deposit bonus'.

Any help or advice is appreciated
Old 12-29-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Home network, 2 PC\'s, 2 people playing on same site, Problem???

Find a site like Dnsalias.org that will show you what IP address you are coming from. I think with the router both of you will have the same effective IP address which will look like cheating. It's probably going to be tough to convince a site that two people playing in the same house at the same time aren't cheating, maybe if you are never at the same table or something they won't mind.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:24 AM

You can't play at the same cash game tables generally. However, you can usually both play in the same multi-table tournaments.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:45 AM

If by "your wife", you mean "your gnome", then no. She will need a new Neteller account and a new bank account.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:58 AM

Or maybe by "his wife", he actually means his wife.

My wife and I both have accounts at both Stars and Party. Prior to creating her accounts we talked to support at both of these sites. There have been no problems and the only condition is that we do not sit at the same table. In addition she also needed her own Neteller account.

None of this has been an issue because she only plays for kicks - strictly the $5 SNGs.

Stars will even allow spouses to play the same MTTs.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I learned something new today. My wife and I have been playing on our own accounts at many different sites including Stars and Party.

We always made a point of not sitting at the same ring tables or entered in the same MTT's, in case something would go haywire if we ended up on the same table. Nice to know that that wouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:36 PM

I remember a thread a few months ago were party allowed this, but the "house" was alotted only one set of bonuses. So if they have a reload bonus, only one account could get it.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or maybe by "his wife", he actually means his wife.

My wife and I both have accounts at both Stars and Party. Prior to creating her accounts we talked to support at both of these sites. There have been no problems and the only condition is that we do not sit at the same table. In addition she also needed her own Neteller account.

None of this has been an issue because she only plays for kicks - strictly the $5 SNGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is actually for my wife. Real wife, real kids and all of that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thank you for the info. Did Stars and Party make it sound like something they had to specifically grant permission for or is it really just a standing policy?
Old 12-29-2005, 03:27 PM

It's standing policy at Party.

You will both show up as the same IP, and if you try to sit at the same table, the system will give you a pop-up saying you're already at the table.

If you join the same tourney, but at different tables, they will let it fly -- but that certainly gets awkward if you both progress to the same table, and some other players have a big problem with it. It's hard not to coach each other when that happens, and card-sharing is almost inevitable ("No, honey, I folded an ace!")
Old 12-29-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's standing policy at Party.

You will both show up as the same IP, and if you try to sit at the same table, the system will give you a pop-up saying you're already at the table.

If you join the same tourney, but at different tables, they will let it fly -- but that certainly gets awkward if you both progress to the same table, and some other players have a big problem with it. It's hard not to coach each other when that happens, and card-sharing is almost inevitable ("No, honey, I folded an ace!")

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the only time the software will seat you at the same table is in a multi-table tournament if you should both make it to the final table.

There have been several times when I've played in the same tournament with my girlfriend and we were at the same table but only for a few seconds before it moved one of us. The same thing has happened to me at Stars.