Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 02:30 PM

Default How are you guys doing here?

So it's been a while since I played some 6-max because I've been backpacking for about 3 weeks in Thailand. Hopefully I can play some hands every evening after work. It's nice to be back although the holiday was great. Good luck everyone!

Thanks,

Guido
Old 09-12-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: How are you guys doing here?

Good to see you back, I look forward to reading your posts again.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:11 PM

Welcome back. Thailand sounds fun, backpacking doesn't. Glad you had a good time.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
backpacking doesn't

[/ QUOTE ]
I love the freedom, it's like poker [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Better than traveling in a group IMO or carrying a suitecase of 25KG [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. But everybody has it's preferences I guess.

Thanks,

Guido
Old 09-12-2005, 03:26 PM

I did 3 weeks backpacking in Thailand several years ago. Such a great place to explore and enjoy yourself. Sometimes I think about moving to Thailand for 6 months or so... just playing poker to get by.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:28 PM

Welcome back. Sounds fun. I backpacked Western Europe for a couple months over the summer and at the end of this month I'm doing the Czech Republic for two weeks.

How does backpacking in Thailand compare to Europe? It sounds like you went alone?

As for how we're doing, we're getting sort of overcrowded and many are wishing for a split into lower stakes and high stakes. Still I think there have been some pretty good threads in the last few weeks with very interesting discussions, so hope is not lost . [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As for how we're doing, we're getting sort of overcrowded and many are wishing for a split into lower stakes and high stakes. Still I think there have been some pretty good threads in the last few weeks with very interesting discussions, so hope is not lost . [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way.

Welcome back, Guido!

Surf
Old 09-12-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome back. Sounds fun. I backpacked Western Europe for a couple months over the summer and at the end of this month I'm doing the Czech Republic for two weeks.

How does backpacking in Thailand compare to Europe? It sounds like you went alone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you see Slovakia and Bratislava as well... I was in Prague this summer and I found it to be utterly destroyed by stupid british tourists... If you enjoy stripclubs you'll get your hearts desire there however. Bratislava is like a smaller and less exploited Prague. Highly recommended... Also, if you find the time, a trip to either Vilnius in Lithuania or Sarajevo in Bosnia is a great detour.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I lived in Prague in 2001 and traveled there extensively. If you have time, go east to Brno and Bratislava (in Slovakia) and south to Ceske Budejovice and Cesky Krumlov. If you are traveling with a girl, the spa town of Marianske Lazne is a great place to go. Don't forget to enjoy a Plzensky Prazdroj (Pilsner Urquell in America) and a Budweiser Budvar on tap.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:33 PM

If you managed to learn Czech while over there, I will be very impressed.