Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-27-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Jumping from 33 to 55 on party

There are lots of good guides on playing the low level sng's on party with th 800 chips. Is there a anything like these that is mandatory reading in making the jumps to the 55's?
Old 12-27-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Jumping from 33 to 55 on party

[ QUOTE ]
There are lots of good guides on playing the low level sng's on party with th 800 chips. Is there a anything like these that is mandatory reading in making the jumps to the 55's?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not that much different, honestly. There's no reading or fundamental differences. You have to play a little looser in LP, and you have more chances to call pf with correct implied odds.

Just play some, you'll see.

Oh, and one big difference is that after a couple of thousand you will notice yourself laughing like a pirate more often.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and one big difference is that after a couple of thousand you will notice yourself laughing like a pirate more often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, so when I move up I'll be doing this more? I didn't think that was possible. Guess we'll see in a month or so.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:10 PM

25% more chips makes a big difference

slow your blind stealing, play a couple more hands, don't assume people are quite so stupid (though they are still pretty dumb)

be prepared for more variance and more money in your account at the end of the month