Old 12-27-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Stars VIP Program

[ QUOTE ]
Who has rakeback on Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody does
Old 12-27-2005, 03:21 AM

I really like it. It looks like they have a lot of cool stuff for sale in the store. I would rather get cash, but I'm sure there is some way around it...
Old 12-27-2005, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Compared to getting rakeback on party, the Stars VIP program is pathetic.

Compared to no rakeback and the party VIP program, it blows party out of the water.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, sort of. The Stars VIP isn't too bad actually. I posted this in another thread:

Ok, I've done a little math. I play $15/30 or $20/40 and it looks like about 83% of all hands are raked for >= $1. 125,000 points are needed for a $2000 dell gift card. That works to around 150,000 hands to play. Now I will assume Supernova status which means you earn points at 3.5x the rate so now I need to play 43,000 hands for the $2000 gift card. My average rake per hand at PP 15/30 full is $.23. This means I would generate abut $10k in rake to earn a $2k gift card so about 20% rakeback minus how much I lose in the ebay sale (about $100 I'm guessing).
Old 12-27-2005, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would rather get cash, but I'm sure there is some way around it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Was thinking about this and came up with an idea. I will be purchasing items in the FPP but for those who are willing to give up a little bit to get cold hard cash...

Get an entry into one of the Sunday guaranteed tournaments. Unregister from the tournament and get T$. Sell the T$ for 90% of their value (the going rate) in the multi-table tournaments forum. They are VERY easy to sell there.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:49 PM

So your ballpark estimate turns Stars VIP into 20% rakeback at supernova status. Now please explain to me how this is better than 25% rakeback. For all the hype that Lee Jones gave us, how is 20% rakeback NOT pathetic.

And no, the freerolls are BS. The only value would be in the supernova freerolls and they do not start until APRIL. Stars made sure they wouldn't give away any free money to someone who bothered to make supernova early.

People are trying really hard to justify playing at stars for some reason, maybe because the allure of a 50 inch plasma TV or a new car. Guess what? You can buy a plasma TV with cash!
Old 12-27-2005, 03:39 PM

Well while 20% < 25%, I wouldn't exactly call it pathetic. I have a good party affiliate and really am not considering a move to stars. Especially considering that the 15/30 and higher game selection isn't very great there. I just see this as a good start. And yea, I agree that freerolls are lame.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would rather get cash, but I'm sure there is some way around it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Was thinking about this and came up with an idea. I will be purchasing items in the FPP but for those who are willing to give up a little bit to get cold hard cash...

Get an entry into one of the Sunday guaranteed tournaments. Unregister from the tournament and get T$. Sell the T$ for 90% of their value (the going rate) in the multi-table tournaments forum. They are VERY easy to sell there.

[/ QUOTE ]

They will not give you T$ in this promotion but an untransferable/unsellable "ticket"
Old 12-27-2005, 09:01 PM

The rake is also a little lower at Stars -- so that could make up for the 5% difference in rakeback. Again, just getting cold hard cash back from Party is a lot more convenient though, and you have to play a ton of hands at Stars each year before you start getting your 20% rakeback for the rest of the year.

Not to mention the game selection is better at Party.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So your ballpark estimate turns Stars VIP into 20% rakeback at supernova status. Now please explain to me how this is better than 25% rakeback. For all the hype that Lee Jones gave us, how is 20% rakeback NOT pathetic.

And no, the freerolls are BS. The only value would be in the supernova freerolls and they do not start until APRIL. Stars made sure they wouldn't give away any free money to someone who bothered to make supernova early.

People are trying really hard to justify playing at stars for some reason, maybe because the allure of a 50 inch plasma TV or a new car. Guess what? You can buy a plasma TV with cash!

[/ QUOTE ]

he actually convinced me a little bit

i hate party, absolutely hate them...with a difference of only 5% added to a better site, 1000x better support, lesser rake etc...i think this is a compelling case for everybody to switch to stars

if we could only convince the fish...