Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: PokerStars & FPP\'s, Getting Screwed?

[ QUOTE ]
...FPPs that we may give you for completing surveys, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you eat beans?
Would you like to see a new movie starring George Wendt?
Would you like to eat beans with George Wendt?
Would you like to see George Wendt eating beans in a movie?
Do you eat beans at George Wendt movies?
Would you like to see George Wendt in a bean eating movie?
How many beans do you eat at George Wendt bean eating movies?
How many bean eating movies have you seen with George Wendt?
If you were a bean what kinda bean would you be?
Old 12-24-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...FPPs that we may give you for completing surveys, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you eat beans?
Would you like to see a new movie starring George Wendt?
Would you like to eat beans with George Wendt?
Would you like to see George Wendt eating beans in a movie?
Do you eat beans at George Wendt movies?
Would you like to see George Wendt in a bean eating movie?
How many beans do you eat at George Wendt bean eating movies?
How many bean eating movies have you seen with George Wendt?
If you were a bean what kinda bean would you be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2005, 04:08 AM

what kind of bean would George Wendt be?
Old 12-24-2005, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we are assuming that the ticket that you get for the higher events allows you to unregister for the T$.
But we don't know if they are giving some sort of a 'different' type of ticket that you can't trade in for T$.
It's uncertain and we shouldn't assume that it is the same as we it always has been

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you probably wont be able to unregister for T$ with the VIP tickets you buy, but I was saying you could still just play the regular satellites (like the 9 person 3600 FPP one) and then win and unregister.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:51 AM

My short answer is:

No.

My slightly extended answer is:

This can only be good. This will encourage other sites to step up to the plate in a similar manner and someone out there could concievably come up with a much better deal. Someone else might even start allowing something similar to (gasp) the unmentionable through their affiliates once more to get their players back. In the meantime, I can only see a certain website hemoraging ring players, since they got rid of that unmentionable thing and all. Reminds me somehow of a saying about chickens coming home to roost.

Stars $5/$10, here I come. Does anyone know if they fixed the HH's to distinguish short handed from full ring yet?
Old 12-24-2005, 06:18 PM

Its still not clear to me why this program would keep high volume players playing after they have achieved Supernova status (and access to the 2 milion+ in freerolls for the year), potentially in Jan or Feb?

It would seem like the program ecourages a rush to Supernova... and then encourages you to chase better promotions at other sites the rest of the year!
Old 12-24-2005, 10:49 PM

We'll have to wait and see how the freerolls are.

I have no interest in playing against 2500+ other players for a shot at $5. If the freerolls are somewhat exclusive and only have a field of a couple hundred players, they could be fun when I am actually around to play in them. I'd prefer it though if they didn't have any freerolls and used that money to make the FPP's worth more.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:02 AM

When you reach Supernova you get 3.5 times FPPs for your play on your way to Porche or WSOP or Monte Carlo, etc.. So say you are S & G player - playing $50+$5. You are getting 87.5 FPP each tourney. Assuming 1.6c each FPP, you get $1.40 or 28% RB with no deductions for bonuses and no dependency on affiliates. This deal is not easy to beat.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt [the VIP Club freerolls] will pay super-flat though (unfortunately). I expect it to be the same as their typical pay-out structure for all of their other tournaments which would be to the top 10%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad read [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] They are going to have a very flat payout. The exact structure is TBD, but tourney-meister Henry is working on it as we speak. Don't hold me to this, but I'm setting the line at a 22.5% payout structure.

I also note that (as others have pointed out), we are telling you in black and white how things work. That you have to accumulate X FPPs to get Cool Thing Y. And here's how you accumulate those FPPs. Transparency forces a bit of conservatism on us, since we're making you a promise: do this and you'll get that. I will also tell you that a year from now, everything that we say here will be true - or better. [1]

[ QUOTE ]
The $10k freerolls for supernova players might be around 100 players or so for $100 in value per entry.
Obviously it's more value if there are fewer players and/or some of the players just don't plain show-up (which strikes me as likely...happens a lot in freerolls).

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the fine print. The prize pool for the Supernovas goes up $2K every month. If it averages 100 players in each event, you get $100 in equity the first month, $120 the next, $140 the third... $260 equity in December.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good night.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

[1] I hope everybody understands that there are things far beyond my control that could change that. But I will promise you that it is the absolute intent of everybody at PokerStars to make the VIP Club the best (and best documented) customer rewards program in the industry.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:12 AM

Thanks for the response Lee.

In regards to:

"
The $10k freerolls for supernova players might be around 100 players or so for $100 in value per entry.
Obviously it's more value if there are fewer players and/or some of the players just don't plain show-up (which strikes me as likely...happens a lot in freerolls).

Read the fine print. The prize pool for the Supernovas goes up $2K every month. If it averages 100 players in each event, you get $100 in equity the first month, $120 the next, $140 the third... $260 equity in December."

I am assuming there will be more super-nova players as the year prgoresses...so while the prize-pool will be larger, there should also be more playing in them.

To Sniper's question...I think the only real incentive to play is AFTER you reach supernova status.
It's at that point that you really start acumulating the points and they begin to get some real value.

You first major tourney entry you are probably getting about 4-5 cents per raked-hand in value.
for your 2nd tourney entry you are probably getting 7-8 cents per raked-hand in value.

So I would rush to Supernova status SO that I could play more (and earn enough FPP's for 2 or 3 tourneys...WSOP, EPT, PCA, whatever).

I kind of look at the first 100k raked-hands as just the 'qualifier' part. It's just the part to get out of the way so that you can get into all the groovy freerolls and get to what are REALLY the best parts of the club.