Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Cory Maye, another drug war victim

So then, what right did the home defender make up?
Old 12-15-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That statement was for Borodog's "He deserved to die because he was a thug." rationale.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That statement was for Borodog's "He deserved to die because he was a thug." rationale.

[/ QUOTE ]

So in your argument you took a swing at Maye just to offend/irritate Borodog? Or am I missing something?
Old 12-15-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So in your argument you took a swing at Maye just to offend/irritate Borodog? Or am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

What swing at Maye? The "Rights" comment was about our anarchist friends' stance that cops are thugs that help the government steal fromt them. Those made-up rights like the right not to pay taxes, etc.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it doesn't bother me one bit that the pre-dawn raiding door-breaking-down thug got what he deserved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Borodog, this is a disgusting statement. I can't believe I apologized for saying you're like an ignorant 16 year-old in that other thread. (emphasis Borodog's)

[/ QUOTE ]

Given what you know my politics to be, what other morally and ethically consistent position am I supposed to take with regards to violent aggressors in government employ?

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that a statement like that is consistent with your morals is pretty messed up.

Guy got killed for doing his job.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do lots of people. It's especially likely when your "job" involves violent aggression against people. Mobsters, invading soldiers, drug enforcement agents.

[ QUOTE ]
And don't give me the "get a better job" crap. Some people have to work to support themselves and their family and that's not gonna change soon. For all we know the police were hiring and he needed a good job with benefits. Does he deserve to die for that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you say the same thing of a young man who became a drug entrepeneur to support himself and his family? Does he deserve to die for that?

Yes, he could have chosen a different job than a government-employed violent aggressor who assaulted the lives, liberties, and property he swore to protect.

"Deserves got nothin' to do with it." When you choose a life of violent aggression, I'm not going to shed any tears when you eat a bullet because of it.

[ QUOTE ]
Not everyone can throw away professorships based on some delusional 16-y.o.-that-hates his-parents ideal of anarchocapitalism like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love my parents. It's just that unlike you, I realize the difference between my parents and government, and recognize that government is nothing more than the mob in marble buildings.

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the hostility but I can't believe your sickening statements in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cut the crap. You're not sorry.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the hostility but I can't believe your sickening statements in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cut the crap. You're not sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

To you? No, I'm not sorry. Your comments are revolting.
I'm sorry that I dropped to this in a public forum as I should be able to discuss things without attacks.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those made-up rights like the right not to pay taxes, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Wait, is there a "right to levy taxes on others"?
Old 12-15-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Those made-up rights like the right not to pay taxes, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Wait, is there a "right to levy taxes on others"?

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol, you're missing out on a windfall, pvn. Just start levying taxes and kidnapping those that don't pay!
Old 12-15-2005, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is too bad that the pro-druggies have to lie and distort a story to make it look like the police are bad and drugs are good.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one's trying to claim this. It's good to see that your only defense are ad hominem and strawman arguments, though.

[ QUOTE ]

It is clear, now that the facts are out, that this guy was a cold blooded cop killer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean, now that you've found a clearly biased source which supports the version of events you find most appealing.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're not furious about the drug war yet, you're just ignorant.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if they had burst into the wrong apartment after getting a lead to a mass murderer who lived next door, you would say "If you're not furious about the anti-murder war yet, you're just ignorant."?

[/ QUOTE ]

B&P, I'm sorry I wasn't clear about why this was a drug war victim. The tactics of no-knock midnight raids (a favorite of the Stasi and KGB) has proliferated under the drug war. Cory Maye was not a murderer and he wasn't even a drug criminal. The drug war has eroded our rights and our safety as citizens due to the ever-increasing zeal of the drug warriors.

There is no definition of "free country" that includes the laws and actions that led up to Cory Maye's death sentence.

natedogg