Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Multiway Pots at the Final Table

Since I am not a regular poster to this forum, I apologize if this is a recurring theme that I couldn't locate in a search...

On a recent trip to Vegas, I played in a $100 buy-in (effectively $100 -- $60 + one re-buy/add-on for $40) multi-table tournament with 70 players. $262K chips in play.

It is now seven-handed and we are all in the money (1st thru 3rd pay at least double what 6th or 7th gets). I am in BB with T27K, the #2 stack is on my left (UTG) with roughly T65K, big stack is CO with T80K+. Both big stacks have been playing fairly loose in the dozen or so hands we have played at the final table. I have played no hands at the table.

Blinds are at 3000/6000 and will go up to 4000/8000 before the blinds get around to me again (20 minute rounds).

UTG minraises to T12K, fold to CO who doubles it to T24K, button fold, SB (a fairly tight player with approx. T12K) goes all-in. I look down to find J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Do you ever fold this or do you push and pray?