Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Multiway Pots at the Final Table

you can also take FIRST!!!!! Your already in the money. So a little more money is that appealing to you. How about a LOT MORE money.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:36 PM

on a side note, their is a chance that these short stacks are not going to get eliminated if they win their allin(s), so you may still be the first to go out. You have a good hand and little chips. No decision at all IMO.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:50 PM

Are you playing to win, or POSSIBLY blind out at 5th? Beat them into the pot.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
here is a little more to contemplate: Players were being eliminated at a very rapid pace and big stacks were going to war with each other. We lost our first three players (including the initial chip leader) in the first ten hands of the final table... I was pretty certain I could blind my way up to at least fifth...

[/ QUOTE ]

I recognize that I am in the minority in this thread, but I still maintain that folding is best, and especially so if the above was the case.

Maybe you don't get a better *hand* but you could easily steal the blinds with most anything once you are in the CO or the button, and the fact that the table has been loose might mean one or twopeople are eliminated in te next orbit.

What is the best you can hope for here? A coinflip at best, and being well behind at worst. If you're looking to maximize your returns, fold. If you're trying to win the thing, I think you do have to push it in and take the chance.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you playing to win, or POSSIBLY blind out at 5th? Beat them into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

ALRIGHT! I get it! I was playing a little devil's advocate here.... I did want to win the whole thing (or at least "more money"). The fact that I could easily move up made me think twice..

I did push all-in and both big stacks called....
Old 11-28-2005, 02:12 PM

a coinflip at best????? you don't think either player could be playing TT-22 or suited connectors lower than J. I personally think a coin flip is a good thing at this point. Why are you willing to get blinded out? You really believe that you can steal blinds with the others playing LAG and now you have a hand, you want to fold. so better to wait and steal blinds in a few hands with you Q6o. PUSH. EASY PUSH. 5th wins you only a few more dollars than 6th or 7th. 1st wins you a LOT more dollars. YOU have a hand. My god man, play it.

Okay, just being overly dramatic for effect.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:19 PM

"What is the best you can hope for here? A coinflip at best"

If you put aggressive utg and CO on a range of hands, this is not the best case scenario.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a coinflip at best????? you don't think either player could be playing TT-22 or suited connectors lower than J.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets see, raise, re-raise, all-in by tight player. He ain't ahead by any serious margin. ;-) If OP would post the results, I think we will see that he is at best a coinflip. In fact, the fact that he posted here, is soliciting advice, and has yet to tell us the results suggests that it may have been worse.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:33 PM

What did they flip up?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:39 PM

now you are talking results oriented thinking based on his post

"Lets see, raise, re-raise, all-in by tight player. "

tight player is short stack, blinds are 6000 and he has chip stack of 12000. 88 would look like a push to even a tight player. OP said big stacks had been playing loose. Just amazes me that you are going to fold to any raise to move up a spot in the money.

As far as why this was posted, yeah he probably did get beat or if he folded would have gotten beaten. That's result oriented thinking. You have some FE for UTG (not much mind you in a multi way pot, but some). To fear the tight player is the most insane part of this equation. He has 12K, you have 27K and he is desperate at this point. Heads up against LAG looks like a good possibility (hopefully just 1 player and not both)