Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: CALL OR FOLD?!?!?!?!?
CALL!!!! 19 57.58%
FOLD!!! 14 42.42%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Sig Sauer P226 9mm

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
for defense get a defensive gun. thats means different things to different people.

[/ QUOTE ]

As Clint Smith says, the reason to own a handgun is so you can shoot your way to your rifle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clint Smith is my hero. On 60 Minutes sometime back, he was asked why some cities were sending cops to his school for sniper training. He said because there are some people who just need to be shot.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:31 AM

SIGs are great as long as you aren't left handed. (Every time I pulled the trigger the damn magazine fell out!)

I’m more old fashioned and like a SA auto, my everyday carry is:

Custom Browing Hi-Power (9mm)

And where something with more wallop is needed:

3 inch Mag-Na_Ported SW 29 (.44 mag)

Favorite Glock story (I like Glocks – I just thought this was amusing)

When the DC police started using Glocks there were 3 instances of shootings at home by the officers. Turned out that when you put the Glock in the original plastic storage case, there was a stud that would disengage the trigger safety and depress the trigger in order to hold the pistol securely. These idiots were putting their pistols away loaded, thus discharging the weapon.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Custom Browing Hi-Power (9mm)

[/ QUOTE ]

I love these. They seem to have kind of fallen by the wayside with all the new stuff out, but they're awesome guns. Very reliable, and I love the way they shoot.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:37 AM

I know two officers who accidentally discharged a glock shortly after their departments switched to them. Luckily one of them just barely grazed his leg and the other hit his fot but no serious injuries.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ive never fired a gun. ever. im looking forward to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've taken a number of people to the range for their first shooting experience ever, and every one has loved it, even the most gun-phobic and shaky of them. It's just plain flat out fun, and a real challenge that's easy to get into. Hard not to, really. I predict a good time! Definitely do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah im looking forward to it. i would add that if i grew up in state not so full of gay people i definitely would have fired a gun by now.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know two officers who accidentally discharged a glock shortly after their departments switched to them. Luckily one of them just barely grazed his leg and the other hit his fot but no serious injuries.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell is wrong with these policemen? Did they issue them with no training?
Old 11-01-2005, 11:44 AM

Well when you go from years of always leaving a gun loaded to now having to empty the chamber before storing the gun.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well when you go from years of always leaving a gun loaded to now having to empty the chamber before storing the gun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or just don't store it in that stupid plastic box. I store my Glock loaded with a round in the pipe.

I do use one of these though. If I need to fire, it just pops right out.

Old 11-01-2005, 12:54 PM

You can train yourself to be right eye dominant. I did so by putting scotch tape over the left lens of my glasses. This was recommended to me by German target shooters and is done by some top notch IPSC shooters as well.

It is much easier to do this then to learn to shoot from your non-dominant hand.

But if you are shooting in a self defence situation, this is not even a consideration because your body will naturally react in the best way it thinks possible. I doubt many "weaver" or "isosceles" shooters have undergone much stress induced training. To learn to fight well, you MUST do this. If possible, a simple technique is to do as many pushups as fast as you can and then immediately fire into the target. This gives a bit of the blood pressure experience you will face in a life and death situation. Your main concern will be to just keep the gun from bobbing up and down while firing the trigger.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But if you are shooting in a self defence situation, this is not even a consideration because your body will naturally react in the best way it thinks possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about this tape over the glasses thing. I always thought cross-domination was just something you were stuck with, but I can't really comment. However, the quoted statement is just wrong. It is a big deal. Your body will react the way it has been trained to react. If you can't hit anything because you're shooting out of the wrong eye, it won't sudennly change when someone is shooting back at you.